CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX | Take My Hand

If they laugh then fuck them all. - Without Me

K A T A L I N A      N A I

Her... voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I can't stand it.

Skylar came back. Insert psychotic laugh right now. I am so done with her.

I just can't see why she can't wrap this around her head. Like do you not understand words? Anything?

And the way she tries to counter back on some of the shit we said to her. Like her comebacks are not even comebacks. She thinks she popped off like she'll literally flip her hair to the side. And it makes me wanna run into a wall.

Oh and I could you not, her laugh. If I could, I would strangle someone.

Actually. Let me just ask Kylo to find me a stuffed animal and I can just strangle that.

I'm kidding... I'm not kidding.

Anyways she left, what, two hours ago. But I'm just thinking about it because we all sit in the living-room around the coffee table playing uno.

"Riah fuck you!" Kylo says. "You were so slow and didn't even say uno until Thena said something."

"Don't care." He puts up a hand. "Let's re-shuffle and start over."

I lay down on the carpet, my back hitting the floor. "I'm done. I'll just watch, I'm tired."

"C'mere." Kylo says ushering me to scoot to his spot.

I look at him confused. He pats his lap.

"Lay your head here."

Ah, that's what he wanted me to do. I lay my head down as they continue to play Uno. My mind wanders into a million thoughts.

I'm honestly sad that we only have a few days left. And I'm scared. I'm scared because what will it be like without them? Without my favorite peoples in the whole wide world?

Dull and boring? Or fun and exciting?

I'll never know.

Only time will tell.

*****

"Wake up, bear." A soft hand rakes my hair gently. "We have to go."

I groan and try moving away. Causing him to groan.

"Go where?"

"Stop moving." He says, holding my head still. "To bed? Azariah and Athena went to bed already."

I slowly get up but my eyes stay closed. Pushing off of the coffee table I try and stand but an arm goes underneath my legs and swoops me up- my eyes shooting open. Kylo carries me in bridal style and walks to my room.

He places me on the bed and walks over me to reach his side. I turn my body to face his.

"When did everyone go to sleep?"

He makes a face that I can't describe. One that makes me laugh. "An hour ago?"

"An hour ago? So what did you do for an hour while I slept?"

"Just scrolled on my phone..." He shrugs his shoulders.

"For an hour?" I laugh. This man just- while I was on the floor. "You had all the time in the world to move me. And you stayed on the floor?"

"Yes."

K Y L O    S T O R M

It's our last night here.