Chapter 1 - Plunged Into a New World

A/N: Wow a new story! Didn't expect to make another story but here we are, I suppose. Just making a story with one of my favorite anime and one of my favorite concepts. Also italics whenever Y/N talks means he's thinking.

Another normal day, another normal hour. Although, there is some good news! A new game has been released that you've been waiting a while for! Grabbing your phone, headphones, pocket knife, keys, wallet, and some gum. You head out of your house and turn around to lock the door. Little problem, when you turn back around you're in a place you've never seen nor know of.

You're in a large city and in a market area that looks like the run-of-the-mill generic starter town in many games you've played. You also see that there seems to be beastkin/demi-humans.

Y/N: "What.... This ain't a dream right? If it isn't then this is super cool!"

After your fangirling you decided it would be best to ask around, but before taking even a step, a blue screen appears in front of your face.

QUEST: LEARN MORE ABOUT LUGNICA

REWARD: +5 INTELLIGENCE

FAILURE: NOTHING

Y/N: "What is this? A quest? Does everyone here have one of these? Or is it just me? Wait, if it increases my intelligence that must mean there's other stats.."

Looking around the blue screen you notice a small question mark in the top right corner and two symbols in the top left corner, a plus sign and a pouch. When you press the question mark button a bunch of tips and tricks appears. After scanning through the tips you think reviewing it one last time will be good.

Y/N: "So first of all, there are 6 main stats. Strength, defense, agility, magic, intelligence, and charisma. The first four are your average stats, nothing new there of course. Intelligence increases your mental capacity and accuracy. Charisma increases your leadership skills, as well as increasing your persuasion. There doesn't seem to be any levels, the only way to "level up" is to increase your stats. Another thing, the quest give you stat points depending on the contents of the quest as well as it's difficulty. Finally, every 5 stat points means your twice as strong as the average human in this categories. This only applies for strength, defense, agility, and magic though. For charisma and intelligence it requires 20 stats instead of 5 which kinda sucks but it's not like I can change the rules."

Deciding to finally do this quest, you go to the nearest person. You walk up to a friendly looking demi-human.

Y/N: "Uh... hello sir."

Demi-Human: "Well hey there! How's your day?"

Y/N: "I'm doing not so well, I appear to be having memory problems. Is it alright if you tell me about where we are for a few minutes?"

Demi-Human: "Of course! Anyways we're in..."

Timeskip

The guy pretty much told me where I am and common knowledge that most people know. For example, there's multiple districts in the kingdom, like a nobles district and a poor district. Another thing is that the world is apparently flat, which is absolutely stupid. The blue quest screen then pops up once again.

QUEST: LEARN MORE ABOUT LUGNICA (COMPLETED)

REWARD: +5 INTELLIGENCE

INTELLIGENCE STAT 3 —> 8

After finishing the quest it would be best to see what the other two icons do. You press the plus sign icon and bunch of information about you appears. As well as a full body diagram of you on the right side, kinda weird ngl.