Shopping

Anna barged in Isabella's room. She was full of rage but at the same time she felt sad. She just tried to hide her wrath which was visible through her eyes.
"Bella we will go for shopping tomorrow." Anna said happily.
Isabella didn't answer.
"Bella are you listening." She asked.
"Yes I am. I am still shocked about the things that happened today, just give me some time to process. We'll  go tomorrow." She said as she faked a smile.
"I am so happy Bella, just take your time I know it will stress you out." Anna said and went out of the room.
Bella didn't have dinner but she went to drink water. She was no longer feeling hungry.
She collided with Jacob in the kitchen. He just looked at her and didn't speak anything. It felt awkward but the feeling of anger was taking over. Bella did the same. She didn't talk and went back to her room.
The next morning after Isabella came from her university, all the females went for shopping. Isabella wasn't ready for this but she had no choice.
Isabella's mother chose a dress for her. She was quiet all the time. Just like a mannequin.
Finally she said yes for a pastel pink gown that her mother chose for her.

After shopping they went to have dinner at a luxurious Italian Restaurant. Isabella wasn't really fond of it but she had to join the others.
As they came home Isabella's mom called her.
"Bella look at this ring, isn't it beautiful I got this for Jacob since you weren't interested to join me." Her mother said as she showed her the ring.
"Yes mom it's good." She didn't even see the ring.
"Bella look I know it's hard for you but just think you will have Anna around, your mother in law and father in law love you and Jacob is a handsome young boy."
Her mother started it again.
She didn't mention any of his qualities. Jacob is always sarcastic or rude to her. He never talks her without any explicit reason or without his family telling him to. It felt forced for both of them.

"The engagement will be this Saturday. I've invited everyone." Her dad said as he came inside the room.
"What this Saturday?" Isabella asked but she wasn't surprised this time because they were in a hurry like always, taking the important decisions of life without even thinking for once for the consequences.
"Yes, is anything wrong? You have 4 days for shopping." He chuckled. He didn't understand her. She didn't even want it to happen at the first place.
"No, I am done with the shopping Dad, but isn't it too early?" She asked.
"No sweetheart it isn't." Her father said as he hugged her.
"Okay dad." She couldn't say no to her father because she love him from the bottom of her heart.
She went to her room.
She was texting her friends.

"Are you guys up for Friday's plan?" 
Nick asked in group chat.
Rory and Rosa replies yes.

"Nope"
Isabella replied.

"Why?"
Nick asked.

"My engagement is this Saturday."
Isabella replied.

"What😱?"
Rosa replied.

"When did this happen?"
Nick asked.

"Oh MY God"
Rory added.

"Why didn't you tell us before?"
Rosa asked.

"Guys stop flooding me with so many questions. I'll call you guys and tell you and believe me as much of a surprise it is to you guys it is surely for me as well"

She did a conference call and told them everything. They were surprised. Alas she invited them to her engagement. Her friends were very excited about it.

The next day at university was filled with questions from her friends and they asked Isabella to show them a picture of Jacob. She didn't have one, so they stalked him on Facebook and insta and finally found him.
"Jacob Williams" Rory said.
"Man he is cute." Rosa said.
"Yeah" Nick and Rory agreed.
Bella was quiet.
"Why aren't you speaking dont you like him?"
"I don't know but he is okay I mean good looking." She sighed.
"You don't want this?" Nick asked.
"Even if I don't want this, this is what I am getting." She was about to sigh but instead she laughed. It seemed like she was joking so they all laughed.

There was only one day left for the engagement. Everyone was busy for the preparations. Jacob still didn't talk to Bella and neither did she. It was embarrassing.

She didn't waste her time and she started doing her assignments. She was working late.
Someone opened the door.
"Oh mom." Isabella said.
"Bella don't study at this hour of night. You may get dark circles. There's only one day left in your engagement, get your beauty sleep." Her mom said.
"Mom these assignments are due this Monday. Please let me study. I promise I'll sleep in an hour." She told her mother.
"Okay dear, good night." Her mother kissed her forehead and left.
She had left the door open.
Isabella got up to close the door when she saw Jacob. He looked angry. Bella wanted to ask him about the current situation but as she approached him, he left without saying a word. She thought maybe they could work out their differences but he looked least interested.
It was strange. All of a sudden he was acting so shady around her. They didn't even criticize each other or gave sarcastic remarks after the news of their engagement. Everything seemed weird and awkward with him. His eyes looked at Bella with disapproval making her conscious about herself. Why was he doing that to her. She wasn't the one who asked for the engagement.
Maybe he would talk to her and tell her the what was going on his head someday.