Meeting an old friend

Bella was sitting in the garden of the mansion reading a novel. She was lost in it. Reading a mystery was always her favorite activity. She would always read mystery novels in one go because of her suspicion and curiosity. She sensed somebody behind her. It was Anna.
"Oh Anna sorry I didn't see you."
She said and again her eyes diverted back to her novel.
"What are you reading?" Anna asked.
"A book by R.L. Stine, he's a great author."
She shifted her gaze to Anna for approval.
"Oh yeah Jacob used to read his books."
Bella was astonished. She never thought that Jacob was into reading.
"So how is it going?" Anna asked giggling.
"Good." Bella answered without paying attention to the meaning of her question.
She stopped reading when she heard Anna chuckling and stared at the tree in front her.
"Actually I think I know what you mean and believe me it's not going good at all. Sorry to break this to you but your brother isn't interested, I guess."
She sighed as she regretted the words that came out of her mouth unintentionally. She was waiting for Anna's response but instead she heard someone else's voice from the garage. It was Jacob in a black attire, girls might find him attractive but to Bella he was a rude boy who couldn't tell her what he wanted.
"He is here, talk to him." was Anna's response.
"No thank you." Bella said and started reading her novel. Jacob was passing by.
"Jacob look Bella reads R.L. Stine's books too, your favorite." Anna told Jacob merrily.
Jacob's eyes grew bigger and he looked astounded, but that didn't mean that they loved each other because there's more to a relationship than both loving the same books.
"That's great." He said glaring at Bella.
She gave him a fake smile.
"I'll read his stories someday." Anna said.
Jacob went inside and Anna sat quietly besides Bella scrolling on her phone. At least she was quite now and Bella could read in peace.

Isabella was going to her university. She looked at the passing trees and frowned. Her fiancé didn't even talk to her in the morning when they were having breakfast. Aunt Lily poured the tea into a beautiful yet a fragile blue and white cup made in Multan, she was telling them how she visited the place and got it from there. She was trying to have a conversation so that she could divert Bella's attention from her son.

She arrived at her university but she was still preoccupied by her thoughts . She ran to her class.
"May I come in? Sorry Sir I didn't hear the bell." She asked before stepping in.
Her teacher nodded and she quickly went to her seat.
"So as I was telling we will be having a new teacher in some time. We have contracted with a law firm and their best lawyer will teach you all for some time."
Bella didn't even pay attention to what he was saying. She was too busy drawing a sketch of the scenery outside her class window.
"The class's dismissed." The teacher said and went outside.
"A new teacher wow." Rosa said sarcastically.
"That doesn't even matter as long as he isn't a pain in brain." Rory added.
They all chuckled.
"So how is your mister doing?" Nick asked with a devilish smile plastered on his face.
"I don't know." Bella replied.
"Why?" Rory asked.
"We haven't talked after the engagement."
"WHY??" Nick asked his eyes were about to pop out.
"Maybe he is shy and you too." Rosa said.
"What if he isn't interested in you?" Nick asked.
She looked at him in surprise.
"Shut up Nick! He must be a timid person. It's not always easy for men to talk to girls." Rosa interrupted again. She didn't want Bella to feel uncomfortable.
"I was just kidding." Nick casually said.
"Yeah I guess." Bella replied Rosa.
"Let's go to the cafeteria guys, I am starving." Bella said to change the topic.
"Guys let me tell you something." Rosa said on our way to cafeteria while Rory slightly punched her in the arm to shut her up, giving her the most dangerous ares." Rosa was more social than her, Rory was a bit shy.
"What is it?" Bella asked.
"Yes tell us too." Nick said with a curiosity.
"Oh you know my sister here won't let me tell you." Rosa said while laughing.
"Guys it's seriously nothing she is just exaggerating stuff." Rory replied. She was blushing.
Nick and Isabella chuckled. They went to cafeteria. Everyone got their food but Nick was still in line.
The girls went to a table.
"Isabella you know I can't wait to tell you, Rory has a crush on Nick." Rosa whispered. Bella was surprised.
"Can't you just shut up?" Rory said in an angry voice. Bella giggled.
"Really?" Bella asked.
"Yes" Rory said timidly.
"But don't tell him. It will ruin our friendship." Rory explained.
They both nodded.
"Okay now act normal he is coming." Rory added.
After lunch they went to the other classes.
After taking all her classes she went home. She started getting ready. She wore a baby blue long skirt with a white shirt and sandals.
"I am going to meet my friend Caroline today." She told Aunt Lily.
"Oh you look lovely, Jacob can drop you."
Her aunt complimented her.
"Thank you, but I've already asked the driver so please don't bother him." Bella told her Aunt. She didn't want to go with him.
"Honey he is your fiancé." Her Aunt replied.
"I am not her driver." a voice came from behind. They both looked and it was Jacob.
"That is why I don't want to go with you."
She said as she marched outside the room.
Jacob ran after her
"Isabella I was joking." Jacob said as he approached her.
"It's okay now may I leave?" Bella replied with anger in her voice.
She sat in the car holding back her tears.
She managed to look expressionless.
In her way she managed to control herself from bursting into tears or maybe controlling her rage. She just looked outside to keep herself distracted from the trauma his fiancé was causing her. He could just clearly tell her what went wrong. Did she do something that he didn't like or it was that he didn't like her at all. These questions were not helping her heal rather she was having an unhealthy debate in her mind.

The car stopped at it's desired destination. Maybe talking to a friend would help her forget Jacob's silent behavior with her. She went to the cafe where Caroline was already waiting.
They both greeted each other.
"So what's the catch?" Caro asked.
"Nothing much you tell?" Bella asked.
"I can see a ring on your finger are you engaged?" She asked as she was surprised.
"Oh this I just wore it in this finger didn't realize." She replied with nervousness.
"Oh my bad." Caro said.
She thought she won't tell her about it, at the time she wasn't in mood to talk about Jacob or it would ruin her evening.
The friends talked and ate until they exchanged goodbyes.
Isabella came home. As soon as she opened the door she heard Aunt Lily yelling. It wasn't normal she never actually yelled like this or maybe Bella had never encountered such a moment in her house.
She was curious to know what is it so she stepped close to the door. She didn't want to eavesdrop but she heard her name.

"Jacob how could you? You will marry Isabella and you won't talk about Katherine anymore."
Isabella's heart skipped a beat. Who was Katherine and is she the reason why Jacob won't talk to her? One more rejection?