Engagement

It was Isabella's engagement day. They wanted her to get ready from the best makeup artist but Bella insisted to get ready herself. Bella wore her pastel pink long dress. She applied some nude eye shades with peach gloss. She curled her hair. She looked gorgeous. The makeup was on point.
"Bella are you ready?"
Her mom stood in the doorway. Looking at how stunning her daughter looked. Her Dad came inside the room too.
"You look beautiful" her father said.
"and perfect." Her mother added.
They both took her to where the front ground, all the guests were already there. The decorations looked beautiful with white and pink flowers. Jacob stood waiting for her in a grey suit with white shirt, light pink tie and a matching pocket square.
As she stepped on the ramp to walk to her groom to be, her heart skipped a beat as she saw him again. Antonio. She thought she must be hallucinating because he lived really far but alas he was the husband of her beloved cousin, he had to be there. She walked to her groom. With every step she could could feel her heart skipped a beat. She was going to
He looked handsome as well. Everything was at place, perfectly done except the hearts of the couple.
Isabella's parents took her to the stage.
The ceremony started. Jacob slid a beautiful diamond ring on Isabella's finger and Isabella also did the same but they both were hesitant.
Everyone clapped and cheered.
Amy's parents came to Isabella and congratulated her. Afterwards She spotted Antonio. Her heart raced not because she loved him it was because she wanted to forget and erase those memories from her heart.
"Hey Isabella, you've grown up." Antonio said as he approached the couple.
"You both look good together." He added.
"Where's Amy?" She asked.
"Oh she couldn't make it since I came here before because of my office work."
She nodded.
"Oh okay." She replied.
Antonio went away. Jacob and Isabella were talking to other people but not to each other.
Bella's friend also came and praised the couple. At least she was happy to see them.
"Bella we did 2 of your assignments since you were busy." Rory said.
"Thank you so much guys." She hugged both the girls.
"Thanks Nick"
"You're always welcome." He replied with a genuine smile.
She smiled at them.
Where were Jacob's friends? she thought.
Maybe he didn't want them to see his fiancé she thought.
A girl was scrutinizing Isabella. She felt uncomfortable. Maybe she didn't like them or Bella was just exaggerating because people always stare at the bride and the groom.
After the ceremony they all had dinner together. Everyone looked happy excluding Isabella and Jacob.
Isabella suddenly caught Antonio staring at her. It was strange she thought but since she was the bride people would look at her. Her thoughts clashed.
Everyone said their goodbyes.
Isabella was sitting in the drawing room. She started to take off her heels because she couldn't go upstairs in those high heels.
"Hey" Antonio said as he entered the room.
What was he doing her Isabella thought. He should've left.
"Bella you look beautiful." He said.
"Thank you." She said. This was the first time he called her Bella. Since when did this happen she thought.
"You must be very happy today."
He said.
She did not reply for awhile. She zoned out. Was she really happy? Why was Antonio asking her that when he was the reason for her heartache months ago. Obviously he didn't know she thought but she didn't want to answer him.
"What are you thinking?" He asked.
"Oh nothing yes I.. I am ha..happy." She stuttered. The tears were about to fall down. Her eyes became watery and she left the room without saying a goodbye to Antonio, without uttering another word she left him in the room wondering what went wrong with her.
She picked her gown in princess style and went upstairs in her room. She just sat on the floor. Tears were shedding from her eyes and she still sat there. Her fiancé wasn't talking to her, her parents and others didn't even notice that. Her husband to be seemed like he had a major issue with her. What was her fault? Didn't she have the right to feel loved for once in her life? Why were the rushing things? Why were they doing that to her. She thought she should also give them silent treatment because they didn't give her explicit reasons for the step they took.
The next day she started studying and adding some of the minutest details in her assignments. She tried to focus on her studies.
She went to her parents room afterwards.
"Bella we are leaving, please stay happy and safe." Her Dad said.
"Yes please, we'll miss you a lot." Her mother said hugging her.
"I'll miss you more." She replied and hugged her back.
"When will you come back?" She asked.
"Now you will come for your winter holidays, we are not coming." Her Dad said.
"Ughh, dad this isn't fair." She said.
"Oh don't worry honey these people are also your family." Her mother told her.
She just sighed.
She went to see off her parents at airport.
She was sad because she knew she was going to miss them a lot.
After that she came back. She was in her room when her phone started ringing. It was Caroline.
"Hello, how are you Caroline?" She asked.
"I am good what about you?"
"I am good too, are you officially an aunt now?" Bella asked excitedly.
"Oh yes yes, it's a baby girl." She replied.
"What did you guys name her?" Bella asked.
"Mavis." She replied.
"It's a pretty name." Bella said.
"Hey since I am free on Friday? can we meet up? If you are not busy. You know It's been years that we didn't catch up properly." She asked.
"Yes definitely I'll be there but make it in the evening you know I've university." Bella answered.
"Yeah sure. Byeeee." She said.
"Bye and take care."
As soon as she ended the call she fell on her bed closed her eyes to sleep but that is what she thought instead she started thinking once again about her life.
She didn't tell Caroline about the engagement because she still had to figure out what was going on with Jacob.