••022

A/N- I know I take so long to update and honestly, it's because I'm bored with this book! I have an idea of how it's going to end, but filling space in between is tough. Also, I'm really fed up with Wattpad for taking one of my books down. Don't worry, I FINISH EVERYTHING I START, but it will take time.
Xoxo - Alethia

-NOT EDITED

Francesca's POV

  A storm was brewing.

I'm tangled in the scratchy bedsheets, a pillow over my head, muffling the loud thunder outside.

Dominick let me have my own little room, to my surprise. It of course had a twin-sized bed and a small closet with a couple empty hangers, but the window to the free world had metal bars, keeping a prisoner from escaping.

I roll over on my back, kicking off the sheets and duvet. The monstrous thunder and wind was keeping me from succumbing to sleep.

The alarm clock resting on the nightstand shined it's bright neon blue lights, displaying 2:30 A.M.

It's officially my fifth morning as a prisoner to the Russian mob. I have no idea how my life got here.

I used to be solo. An independent woman demanding money after a friendly assassination.

At least being independent made me not worrisome about people I cared for.

Are the Valentino's even alive? Are they six feet under the ground? Did they just escape and forgotten about me?

I need answers....

The thunder has already stoped, now light rain was falling from the sky. It was enough to make me sleepy.

I grab the bedsheets once again, tucking the tip of my chin underneath. My eyes reflectively close, finally drawing me into a peaceful sleep.

"Get up, woman."

I bounce up, awoken from my sweet slumber from the squeaky door slamming against the wall.

One of Dominick's guards, named Fedor, held a fancy dress in protective plastic covering.

"You can't just barge in like this, Fedor." I growl out, watching as he throws the dress my way.

"I don't give a fuck." He states, rolling his eyes. "Boss said get dressed, so fucking get dressed." The door shakes as it's slammed shut and a lock clicking shortly after.

Huffing, i lay back down while examining the dress. It still had the price tag on it.

$12,000 for a basic bitch dress!?

The dress was a burgundy red with a sweetheart neckline and thin shoulder straps. I guess it's a little cute. Seems like what you would see an American's wear to prom on TV.

I peel off my night time clothes and shrug on the dress. I had no way of seeing myself due to a lack of mirrors.

The door to my room is gently pushed opened this time. A maid that I see frequently is giving me a warm smile.

She's the same lady delivering my meals and clothes everyday. I tried to pry some information out of her but she only speaks Russian.

She pulls out a few makeup bags from her maid pockets. I'm surprised she could fit all the bags in her pockets.

Is she fucking Mary Poppins?

She taps on a shabby wooden chair next to the door.

For the first two days, Dominick had the one of the guards sit on that chair and watch my every move. That was until I purposely annoyed the hell out of them.