Chapter 3

Shuichi POV

I think Ouma-kun is starting to warm up to me, which is nice. I saw him blush earlier when I said that his fear was perfectly normal. This is great. It seems that the more time I spend with this small boy, the more infatuated I become. He's so perfect. I... I want him to be mine (mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine).

I quickly stopped myself from thinking anymore creepy thoughts. I didn't really understand why I was thinking them anyway.

"Here we are," Gokuhara-kun said, announcing our arrival.

It appeared that we were at the back of the school. There were a few other friend groups here, but not very many, so there was plenty of room.

Ouma-kun sat down at the spot furthest from everyone else; Gokuhara-kun and I quickly sat down by his side.

"So...," Gokuhara-kun started, "You doing anything later today, Ouma-kun?"

I heard Ouma-kun sigh before replying, "You ask me that question every day, Gokuhara-kun. When will you learn that the answer will always be NO."

The larger let out a sigh, "I know... but seriously, Ouma-kun, you need to stop pushing yourself."

I found myself getting agitated by the blush on Ouma-kun's (no... nonononononononono STOP) cheeks, "What is it that has you so busy after school, Ouma-kun?" I asked, catching the smaller boy's attention.

The boy looked at me and said, "Studying."

He seemed to not liking using very many words. I shrugged, not really caring. Then, an idea popped into my mind, "Hey, Ouma-kun," The two looked at me, "Because of my family moving to a different state, I fell behind slightly on school. I was wondering if you could help me out a bit." Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.

"Sure," The small (fragile, breakable, helpless, weak, rapeable- wait, what?) boy agreed after a moments hesitation.

I smiled wide, "Thank you!" I couldn't help but blush a little, partly from Ouma-kun agreeing and partly from my disturbing chain of thoughts that I was trying my best to ignore.

Ouma-kun just glanced at his food, a blush forming on his face, "There's no need to make a big deal out of it," he mumbled, as he tried to hide a small, shy smile tugging at his lips.

I pulled my hat down over my eyes and ducked my head down, "Right, sorry," I sincerely hoped he couldn't see how bright red my face was. I made Ouma-kun blush! And I made him smile! Ya- (I made him blush I made him blush I made him blush he was made to belong to me. He'll be mine. mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mi-)

"Saihara-kun?" I heard Gokuhara-kun call out my name, "You still there?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, sorry, I zoned out for a second," I apologized, looking back up. 

I stole a glance at Ouma-kun. He was grabbing a book out of the pile of school books he had brought along. I glanced at the cover, which read, 'Ordeal by Innocence' by Agatha Christie. My eyes widened, recognizing the book.

"Oh, wow! That's one of my favorite books!" I exclaimed excitedly.

Ouma-kun looked up at me, his eyes sparkling (Yes yes yes yes yes!) and asked me, "Really? Who's your favorite character?"

"Hmm," I thought for a second, "Probably Jack Argylle."

"Oh," Ouma-kun commented, "He's okay I guess," He shrugged before putting his attention back on his book.

After a moment's silence, Gokuhara-kun spoke up, "So, Saihara-kun, why did you move to a new state?"

"Uhm," I pulled my hat down slightly, "my uncle got a job here." I totally didn't get expelled because I ended up taking it too far in a fight, forcing my uncle to move somewhere where my reputation was unknown and where it was cheap to get classes to handle anger management (which I am totally not skipping).

Gokuhara-kun and I continued chatting throughout the rest of lunch with little input from Ouma-kun. The rest of the day went by in a blur. All I could think about was the fact that Ouma-kun and I would be hanging out together after school. Once the school bell rang to signal the end of the day, I quickly grabbed my things and rushed to the front gate. After a few minutes, Ouma-kun joined me.

"Which house do you want to study at?" He asked me, shifting nervously from foot to foot.

I let out a little 'hm' noise and thought for a second, "How about your place? Of course, only if that's fine with you!"

He nodded swiftly before turning left and walking. I quickly started following him. I couldn't believe I was about to see Ouma-san's house after only one day of knowing him.

.

.

.

"Well, they're bound to start dating."

A girl giggled

Word count: 815

Sorry this was so short, I really wanted to get to the Harukawa part.

Also, just a little warning, the next chapter might be a little gory. Enjoy!