2

Lydia knocks on the door and the butler answers it, "Miss Lydia, welcome home. They are already in the dining room."

"Lovely of them to wait to start with me. They told me seven, what time did they go in?" Lydia demands low voiced to the butler. The servants are all aware that she is the true owner of the house and is the only one that can hire and fire the servants. They all love her. They more or less despise her family though.

"They went in about fifteen minutes ago, but since dinner wasn't ready they couldn't start until about five minutes ago. I'll have the kitchen send out the first course for you."

"Thank you, Thomas." Lydia makes her way into the dining room.

She looks around but doesn't see the newest person that will be joining the family. "Lovely of you all to force me to this dinner than start before the time you told me to be here by. I can just feel the love." Lydia does her best to not sneer at her parents. They've pretty much used up all her patience and are very close to losing everything. "So, Mary Ann, I hear that you are engaged, congratulations." Lydia takes another look around the room, "But I don't see your intended?"

"He couldn't make it here on time, but he'll be joining us later. But there's more news, I'm pregnant!" Mary Ann tells her excitedly. Mary Ann is several years younger than her own twenty-five, she being only twenty-one, so the announcement shocks every one. 

Lydia was in the process of sitting down when Mary Ann gave her news. Instead of sitting gracefully she ends up just falling onto the seat and stares at her sister shocked then turns to her parents. They are looking just as amazed as Lydia feels.

"Well, than double congratulations are in order." Lydia smiles. She had hoped to have children with in a year of her marriage and doesn't begrudge her sister the happiness. She rather suspects that her parents hadn't realized that she'd been having sex.

Maybe little sister hasn't been so upfront with her comings and goings. When she has a chance she excuses herself to the restroom and has the estate security pull up all footage of any one meeting her sister or of when her sister left the estate at odd hours.

The security team assured her that they would pull up the information as soon as they could. She thanks them before returning to her family that had finished dinner and moved into the sitting room.

Shortly after joining them she gets a second shock, there sitting by her sister is her fiancé, Azra, and he was holding her hand in his and looking at her adoringly.

All the signs that she thought was just worry came together in one big click. Yeah, he had a meeting to save his family's company. He would have done better to stay with her and not two timed her with her sister. She sends out two texts before making herself known.

Before she can even say anything one of the texts she sent out had a reply. Looking at it she smiles, but it isn't a happy smile. Oh no, it is a very unhappy but vindictive smile that is at odds of her normal nature.

"Hello, Azra, so this is the meeting you couldn't get out of because your parents were needing you to save their asses. Congratulations on your engagement to the one you really want to marry." She looks at the ring that no one had mentioned her wearing. She takes it off and looks at it closely.

"I think I'll go ahead and keep this. I don't think it's worth much, but if it is then I'll sell it and give the money to charities that will help those in need. 

"I hear congratulations are in order on you becoming a father as well. Strange how you told me that you didn't want sex until the marriage with me. I guess you were able to get it from Mary Ann."

She looks over to her parents. This was the last straw. This contempt they've shown her, the smug looks they even now were wearing. They knew that he was dating her and Mary Ann. "You knew that he was dating me at the same time he was dating my sister and you didn't say anything to me?"

"Of course we knew and why would we? We even encouraged him to continue to do so." Her father replies as arrogantly as he ever was to her.

She looks over to her mother, "You knew and you went along with it?"

"Yes, you aren't good enough for him." Her mother Fanny sneers.

She demands of Azra that has looked down when he realized that she was in the room. "Did you tell her that you were currently dating me or did you tell her that I was an ex? Or did you not tell her anything about me?" They had been dating for several months.

"Well?" Lydia demands. She gets another text and looks at it before turning to her younger sister.

"Did you know that he was dating me at the same time that he was dating you?" Lydia is hiding her feelings, the hurt and betrayal she is used to by her parents, but she needs to know if her little sister was in on it as well.

"Did you?" Lydia demands once more and finally Mary Ann sneeringly replies.

"Yes, of course I knew. I was the one that urged him to date you."

"I see. Well then, I'm glad I was forced to come to this family dinner. There are going to be some changes made, very big changes. Oh, and Azra, you might want to call your father up and tell him goodbye. The police will be there shortly to arrest him on embezzlement charges."

Azra stares at her shocked. "What?"

"I'm having him arrested on embezzlement charges. By morning your family company will be mine legally and lawfully. I've already put liens on all your family's assets. Until all the money is returned the money that would be paid for the acquisition will be used to pay back the debt. It's a good thing your apartment in is in your name and not that of your parents or the company or you would find yourself locked out."

Then she turns to her parents, "This is the last time you two will treat me like this. I have done nothing to garner your hatred, but from the first you've hated me. Well it's time for some home truths."

Lydia turns to the television that she had the butler and male servant bring in. Once they have it set up she pulls something up on her phone and sends it to the television.