~yes~

Part of the storyline. Karl getting ready before their big first date :D

(Karl POV)

What have I gotten myself into?

I chuck yet another sweater across the room and collapse into my bed. George chuckles from next to my head. "It's not that hard, Karl," he says. "Just dress like you normally dress."

Sometimes, I get so close to talking to them just to tell them off. 

I frown at him. He chuckles again. "C'mon, I'll choose something for you."

I flop over and watch as he rummages through my pile of clothes on the floor. The door swings open and Dream jumps onto the bed next to me. "George, what are you doing?"

George, half buried in my clothes, laughs. "Karl needs help." He tosses a pink shirt over his shoulder. It lands on Dream's face, covering his eyes and mouth. 

"Thanks, George," he mutters, pulling the fabric off. "Oh, Karl, you're totally wearing this." I lean over his shoulder to look at the shirt. It's an oversize, glitter covered My Little Pony T-shirt my dad got me when I was 7 as a joke. I ended up loving it for all the wrong reasons.

I nod enthusiastically and run over to my closet. I yank off my gross shirt and pull the bright pink monstrosity over my head. The fabric scratches where sequins are sewn on the horse. 

"Karl, are you done?" George yells. I peek my head my head out of the closet in time for a pair of jeans to be thrown at my face. "Those might go good with that shirt."

I give the both of them a perplexed look, but slink back behind the door. George chose a pair of light blue skinny jeans - my least favourite ones. Of course. Screw you, George.

But, nevertheless, I step out of my comfortable sweats and into the jeans. A rainbow belt seems to be calling my name from the floor, so I quickly string it through the loops and tighten it around my waist. I step out of the closet, tucking the front of my shirt into my jeans. 

"Oh, yes," Dream says, looking up from his phone. "Give us a spin, queen." I smile sheepishly, but give a dramatic spin and pose. 

"Queen," George repeats in a terrible American accent. Dream shoves his head playfully, looking back down at his phone. But, yeah, now he's blushing.  Aw.

"I'm being gay, shut up," he mutters. I smile bigger. 

"Anyway," George says. He walks over to me. I blink at him. "I am now going to touch your hair," he says loudly. Without me nodding or anything, he starts fluffing up my hair. I duck slightly, but, I don't know, I straighten. He keeps fluffing. 

"Hey, gu- George, what are you doing?" 

I nearly jump a mile into the air as Nick walks into the room.

"Ah! No! Nick! Get out!" Dream yells, jumping up. "You can't see him yet!"

"Dude, this is my fucking house," he mutters, but doesn't argue as Dream shoves him out and closes the door. I smile as George pulls his hands away and steps back to examine me. 

"Tuck your shirt in all the way," he instructs. I do. 

"Ew. George, don't make him do that," Dream mutters. 

"Sh." George waves his hand at Dream without turning around. "He looks cute." My cheeks heat up at the compliment. 

"Can I come in now?" Nick warbles from the other side of the door. George sighs. 

"Karl, do you have your ears pierced?" he asks. I shake my head. "Damn. Ok, hold on."

He storms out of the room, shoving Nick away so he can't see me. The door slams shut behind him. 

"He's gonna get something to spice you up, I can feel it."

I give Dream a weird look. He snickers. "You know what I mean."

I really don't.

The door flies open. "Nick, stay out or I'll smite you!" George yells. He quickly slams the door shut. "Ok, I had a good idea." He waddles over to me, something cupped in his hands. "I thought it would be cute with this."

He lets a heart locket fall from his hands. "There's nothing in it, but it would go well with this I think." The locket is beautiful. It's a rose gold metal on a silver chain, small jewels embedded on the edge of the heart. He drops it into my palm, and I slip it over my head. It rests against my collarbone, catching the light from different angles. I love it. 

I look up and hug him, a big smile plastered on my face. He giggles, patting my back. "You can keep it, Mum doesn't want it." I pull away and smile bigger. 

"Hate to break up this super romantic thing you've got going on here," Dream says, "but I'm opening the door." George snorts and scampers over to Dream, who's hand is already on the handle. 

"Nick, you can come in," he says, pulling open the door. I look down and pick at my nails as I hear him groan.

"Finally, gee-"

The words die on his tongue. I feel my cheeks heat up again. 

George and Dream snicker. "Have fun tonight, lovebirds!" Dream calls before walking off. I brave my nerves enough to look up at him.

His lips are turned up in a soft smile as his gaze sweeps over me again and again. I can tell he put some effort into tonight - he's wearing his usual sweater and actual jeans. I can't say I've ever seen him wear anything other then sweats and gym shorts.

"You look good," he says. "That shirt is so hot." I smile and shuffle over to him. He bows down and turns up a hand. 

"Ready to have your mind blown?" he asks. I giggle and take his hand. "Ok, now that you've taken my hand, you can't turn back. We have no super cool things inbound. Sorry." I curl up my nose and try to pull away, but he grabs my hand and pulls me closer. My breath hitches as our bodies bump into each other. He smirks. 

"Said you couldn't leave," he joked. I roll my eyes and step away. 

"ARE YOU GOING TO GO OR WHAT?" George yells from outside. Nick turns to look at the door, then looks back at me. He raises an eyebrow. I smile. 

"FUCK OFF, WE'RE MAKING OUT." 

I slap his arm, even though I'm smiling. He snickers as I lead him towards the door. "Thought you were making out," Dream says snippily. I stick my tongue out at him. He giggles. 

"Have fun, kiddies!" George calls as we walk out the door.

"Don't forget to wash your hands!" Dream yells. 

"Be safe if you have sex!"

"Wash your hands!"

"Stop saying that. Look before you cross the street!" 

Nick slams the door shut as I try to contain my giggles. His face is red as a beet. 

"Ignore them. Good to go?" he asks. I smile and wrap my arms around his middle. I plant a quick kiss on the tip of his nose, making him turn a deeper shade of red. 

"Yes," I whisper.

Word Count 1206

no date deets. its their secret.