[2]

Once again, the media does not belong to me!

-     -     -     -     -

It had been a few days since the school incident had happened. [Y/N] wasn't allowed to go anywhere besides school, though she didn't have a reason to go against anything at the time. Her mother even went the extra mile to take her to school herself, yet she still wouldn't bother to pick her up. She was being suffocated and ignored at the same time. It was strange, to say the least. This sort of treatment was completely new and different to [Y/N]. She had never seen her parents care so much for what she did on her own time. All they cared about before was her excelling in school and doing as she pleased, as long as her academic performance didn't suffer. She knew that once she started high school that things would change, but she wasn't expecting it to be this much.

She hadn't spoken to Noah and he hadn't gone to school either. She didn't know if he was alright, and this made [Y/N] all the more anxious. All ways of communication had been taken away from her so she couldn't reach out even if she had wanted to— at least that's what she told herself. She could sneak out and forcefully make sure that Noah was okay, but she didn't. Her exhaustion from looking over her shoulder got the best of her, so she chose to finally look at the weight of her actions. Of course, this was primarily influenced by her mother, and it was one of the few times that [Y/N] agreed. [M/N] couldn't afford to have [Y/N] distract herself from reaching great lengths—or so, she claimed.

[Y/N] had been sitting on her bed in her room. It wasn't anything luxurious, with it being average at best. There were two twin-sized beds. The bedsheets were plain but always cleanly pressed. [Y/N] made sure to keep the room as neat as possible. The only window in the room was sealed off. It had lined, metal bars on the outside, something that was meant to stop criminals from entering, though [Y/N] had the feeling that it was meant to keep her from going out. In front of the window was a lop-sided desk. It wasn't new and it had seen its fair share of all-nighters. Sunlight was barely noticeable through the curtains and the plastic that covered them. The room was overall gloomy. It wasn't even her room, it was one that she shared with her younger brother. She didn't mind that at all, though. She knew her parents were struggling financially, but she also knew that they weren't the best at saving. Especially when it came to her mother.

Though her room could use some redecorating, that wasn't what bothered her. Because of [Y/N]'s quirk, it made her aware of everything around her. Her mind was constantly interacting with the environments that she would find herself in. It was like she was a walking security camera, except her view was vast and —mostly— visible. With the constant exertion of her brain, [M/N] knew how much it mattered for [Y/N] to have a clear and functioning mind. In the last few days, [M/N] had made her 'sober up'. This long process led to restless nights, irritability, and worst of all, cravings.

"I thought I had this under control," [Y/N]'s voice was barely audible, but loud enough to qualify as a whisper. She had her right arm draped over her forehead. It had been so long that she was in her right mind. Being alert at all times had always exhausted her, so she found an escape. [Y/N] felt pathetic. She wasn't strong enough to deal with the repercussions of having a quirk as strong and useful as hers. Having everything rush back to her at such a fast pace gave her a massive headache. "I should have never let it come to this."

[Y/N] slowly opened her eyes, basking in the small amount of light that entered the room. She looked over on the desk, thinking of testing how much she let herself become desensitized from the world. She glanced at a pencil case that she left on top of the wooden surface. 'Maybe it hasn't gotten that bad?' She sat up, crossing her legs as she continued to ponder on what she should do. 'Should I be testing it out? I only just started to clear my mind.' Her eyes trailed the small rectangular pouch. 'Though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.'