[1]

I'm not sure who the artist is, but please credits to whoever created this !!

-     -     -      -     -

The busy streets were polluted with noise from cars and people who were trying to make their way to work. The roads had long been abandoned by officials, leaving people to fend for themselves. The grey skies had given up on them too, painting nothing but a dull color. 'What had it looked like before? Was it ever a different color?' Many had become used to this, used to the feeling of being abandoned by those who are supposed to support and guide.

Alleyways were the perfect place for crime to flourish. They were dimly lit and no one ever used them unless they were looking for something. That 'something' was usually an escape, whether it was from danger or their daily lives. The worst of the worst would infest the grime-filled pavement.

In one of these alleys, a person with a black hoodie over their head, along with ripped blue jeans and black converse shoes, waited patiently. Their [h/c]-colored hair was barely noticeable with only a few [h/t] strands sticking outside of their hood. They had been waiting for another person to arrive. Their back was against the brick building and their hands were inside of their pockets, fumbling with a lighter and an item that was sealed inside of a small, plastic-like bag.

Footsteps were approaching quickly. They were heavy but careful at the same time. The steps turned the corner, also wearing a hoodie, but theirs was a navy-blue color instead. Both figures stood next to each other, leaning their backs against the brick wall. It was early in the morning and there was barely any light showing.

"You sure took your time getting here. I messaged you over twenty minutes ago. What took you so long," the [h/c]-haired figure asked. Both of the hooded figures turned to look at one another. The hood that stood atop [h/c] hair was lowered down slightly, showing their [s/c] complexion along with their [e/c]-colored eyes.

The other figure appeared to be more masculine and built, presumably belonging to a male. "Would you believe me if I said that a black cat crossed my path," they asked, scratching the back of their neck sheepishly.

"Noah, you were the one who had originally asked me to come. It's rude of you to arrive late," [Y/N] said, not actually caring that she had to wait. She was only waiting for about five minutes, but she wasn't going to tell him that.

The blond boy, Noah, had a goofy grin plastered on his face. "Aw, don't be like that, [Y/N]. You wanted to be here just as much as me," he beamed. His smile complemented his face nicely, highlighting his features. Noah had bright blue eyes and blond hair, along with multiple piercings—all six piercings claimed his left ear, his right being left somewhat bare. His image was typically associated with a delinquent, though he only fit that description at times.

[Y/N] let out an exhausted breath. Sure, she had wanted to meet up with Noah, but he didn't have to bring it up like that. He made her seem like a lost puppy, even if that described her perfectly. "Yeah, yeah. I only came 'cus you told me you wanted to unwind." [Y/N] reached in her pocket and took out the lighter that she had been playing with, along with a sealed substance. "You really need to start buying your own instead of relying on me. Seriously, my supply is always gone because of you," she explained, referring to the blunt packed with what appeared to be green crumbs.

Seeing what he had long-awaited, Noah was overcome with joy. "I can always rely on you to help me out in my time of need!" His eyes were practically glowing as he waited for [Y/N] to take the first hit.

[Y/N] rolled her eyes at Noah and his childish behavior. As she took in the intoxicating smoke, her demeanor changed into a more serious one. Though she could appear like she didn't care at first, that wasn't exactly true. Normally, [Y/N] had a disinterested look, most likely because she was high off of something. The excuse she would tell herself and others would be that it helps to drown out the noise that came with her quirk. This was only half of the truth.