SIX

♥︎

i came back to the shop with ruben, after getting to know all the boys, it was easy to get along with them. they were really cool, and they were all so sweet to me, which i appreciated. ruben and i got close, making me really happy since i've always had a thing for him. i don't know if he has something for me, but it could be possible.

ruben's pov

salem and the guys are getting along, making me really happy. i liked that she could easily fit in with them, and i swear that i've never seen her smile so much. she was easy to talk to, and fun to be around. she's way cooler than the kids at school make her out to be.

fuckshit's taking us to a party today, salem was a bit nervous.
"what's wrong," i asked as she had her hands folded on her lap, tapping her foot rapidly. we were sitting on a couch at motorz.
"nothing," she said, shooting me a forced grin.
"you can tell me, i won't judge," i said, she bit the inside of her cheek.

"it's just- i've never been to a party before. and i don't really know any of these people that are gonna be there, and i'm really awkward, so they probably won't like me," she explained, i wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
"don't worry about that stuff, salem. you'll be fine, i promise. just stick next to me, you don't gotta go nowhere by yourself if you don't want to," i said, she nodded.
"thank you," she said softly, i smiled.
"of course, salem," i said.

i watched as salem, stevie and fourthgrade toyed around with his camera, fourthgrade filming as salem and stevie made faces at the camera. damnit, i seriously never thought i would fall this hard for salem. but here i am, admiring every breathe she takes.
"alright, let's roll, yo," ray yelled out to everyone as him and fuckshit walked out the back of the shop and to fuckshit's car.

we all squeezed in somehow, salem and i next to each other, of course. as we drove down the road, salem kept her head out of the window a bit, she was leaning her head on the door as the windows were all the way down. i watched her secretively, observing her pinkish glow from the setting sun. she brought her head back in, running her fingers through her hair and leaning her head on my shoulder. i felt the butterflies in my stomach go wild, i didn't move an inch.

we got to angela's house, salem stayed practically hidden behind me as she had her grip on my arm.
"hey, just chill. these aren't the kids from school, okay? they're nice... or at least nicer," i said, she nodded. i pulled her next to me so she wasn't behind me anymore, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. we walked in, all the girls at the counter greeted us. estee came up to us, hugging all of us when she noticed salem.

"ruben finally got a girlfriend," she asked, salem turned red as i rolled my eyes.
"no, this is salem. she's with our crew now," i said, salem sent estee a small smile, estee returning it.
"you're really pretty," estee said to salem, making salem blush.
"thank you! so are you," salem said, estee smiled again, turning around and going back into the kitchen. salem and i looked at each other, i gave her a smile like "i told you so." she had her mouth wide open, mouthing, "oh my god!" i thought it was adorable.

salem and i shared a blunt in the kitchen as we talked about random ass shit.
"do those kids at school even care that you hang out with me," she asked, i shrugged.
"i don't think they even really know, it's whatever though. i basically dropped them, anyway. i'm too busy hanging out with you," i said, nudging her shoulder, she smiled as she blushed.

"so... you're not scared that they'll make fun of you for it?"
"nah, i know they're all just insecure losers, anyway. you're too cool for them," i said, i could see the happiness in her face as she looked up at me from the stool she sat on. i shot her a smile, making her look down and blush.
"and... you are really pretty. i'm just hoping you realize that and stop worrying about what other people say about you," i told her, she fidgeted with her fingers.

"i've never really had friends... or anyone to, like, tell me the shit you tell me. not even my own mom, she's always busy and shit. i'm just really happy you let me hang out with you and your friends, you guys are awesome," she said, i sat down on the stool next to her.
"i'm really happy we get to hang out with you, too," i said, she turned her head to look at me, we smiled at each other.

i looked down at her lips all of a sudden, looking back up at her eyes a couple seconds later. she did the same, and i felt some type of tension build up. i could've sworn we were leaning into each other, when out of nowhere, we hear the guys cheering. we looked over, seeing estee leading stevie to a room in angela's hallway as fuckshit and ray hyped him up. i rolled my eyes, thinking it was kind of gross that some grown ass bitch was fucking a little ass boy.

"gross," i mumbled out loud, salem looked at me.
"what's gross?"
"that," i said, pointing in stevie and estee's direction. she furrowed her eyebrows.
"why," she asked.
"cause, kid's like thirteen, she's seventeen. it's weird," i said, bringing the blunt back up to my lips. she nodded, looking back at the counter in front of her.

on our way back home, she laid her head on my shoulder again, closing her eyes as she had her hand placed upward on her thigh. i placed my hand in hers, interlocking our fingers, just being bold. she opened her eyes for a second, looking at our hands and then up at me. i was still looking forward and at the road that could be seen through the windshield, she smiled as she laid her head on my shoulder again, shutting her eyes and falling asleep.

♥︎

_____