Chapter 02

1

  1. Get wasted and high Preferably at a party.

Olivia checked her outfit about ten times before heading down the stairs this was the first time in years since she was going somewhere other than the hospital. "Hey mom?" She calls descending down the stairs.

"Yes honey?"

"I'm about to head out." She says sliding on her crocs.

"Well did you take your insulin?" She asked looking a little worried.

"Yes, I took my insulin." Before she can ask more questions. Olivia adds. "I will call you once I get to the beach."

"Ok then you are free to go." She says placing a kiss on her cheek. "Bye love you. Be careful okay?"

"I will and I love you too."

Olivia loved living in the Outer Banks though she spent most of her time in the mainland. Outer Banks was beautiful paradise on earth some might say.

What was not to love? She was a kook. Though she didn't know to much about it her father would warn her that pouges were allegedly dirty. Then again she didn't go out much.

It's was around nine a little later than she wanted to get out but naps were important.

She knew to fulfill the first thing on her list she would need to find a party. Luckily for her she did as it was a Saturday.

Get drunk and get out.

She had never been to a party before if you couldn't tell. She hadn't had the time. Though despite her being sick she knew that if she wasn't she would probably want to fulfill her dreams and go to college.

Then again at least she had made it to 19. That alone felt like success to her.

"Hey!" She heard someone in the distance yell.

"Yes sorry!" She yelled back.

The voice had begun to move closer towards her. "I was talking to you." He says.

I was talking to myself. She thought to herself.

"Yea sorry what we're you saying." She looked around the beach then towards him.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before." He began moving and walking closer.

"Topper leave her alone!" Someone yells. "Calm down Sarah I'm just making sure she belongs here I've never seen her before. You know we gotta keep those filthy pogues out."