C1: Big News

You were born and raised in Tottoland where Big Mom Pirates reside. You and your parents didn't have to pay a monthly lifespan since they have been working with Big Mom pirates as a chef before you were even born.

Now that you have grown up, you followed your parent's footsteps.

"Y/n?" the voice of the familiar man called you from behind. He just entered the kitchen where you are currently writing down the ingredients that the kitchen needs.

"Yes Kata-sama?" You hummed and didn't turned to the man. He rolled his eyes from the way you addressed him. He approached you and slipped his hands on your waist and gave you a back hug. He didn't have a hard time leaning and burying his face on the crook of your neck since your height is almost the same as Smoothie.

You continue writing but were distracted when Katakuri started to kiss your neck, hugging you tighter in the process.

"Hold up big guy, I'm a bit busy right now. Plus, we are here in the kitchen. Someone might see us." You removed his hands from your waist and turned to face him.

"It's not that hard to point out the obvious that there's something between us, even without admitting it." He smiled underneath his fluffy scarf.

He was right, your co-workers in his island knew about the two of you. They never tried to tell it to the people outside the island as a respect but they were happy with the love in the air. Some of Katakuri's siblings already had an idea about your relationship with him but didn't bother to complain or go against it as long as their Big Brother is happy and contented. Some are just too innocent and young or too dumb not to notice things between you and Katakuri.

"But still..." You scoffed.

"There's something I wanted to ask y---" The ring from the denden mushi inside Katakuri's pocket interrupted him. You gave him a peck on his cheek and let him answer the call.

Big Mom wants his presence as early as possible. It seems to be urgent so he hugged you one last time and left the kitchen to see his Mama.
Katakuri also had something to say to his Mama and the timing was just right.

---

Big Mom had her wide grin and joyous look when Katakuri has finally arrived in her room. She gestured her hand to the sit in front of her for Katakuri.

"Is there anything I can do for you, Mama?" He asks her first before he could say his own concern.

"Mamamamaaa, have you ever heard about the Orcs tribe?" She asked enthusiastically and seems very excited about the topic.

"Yes Mama, they are one of the strongest tribe in the New World. What about it?"

"I'll be straightforward with you, the Head of their tribe and I had an agreement to have a joint alliance with your help."

Not even saying what kind of help it was but Katakuri's body turned cold. He wishes that what he sees in the seconds of future ahead is wrong. But who is he fooling.

'I'm too late. Why didn't I see this coming, I should've told y/n and Mama earlier about what I had in mind. I was too late.' Katakuri thought to himself as he realizes his one mistake.

---

The night came and you haven't seen or received a call from Katakuri. You found it odd. You lit up your house and placed your coat in the sofa as you lazily fall in its soft and fluffy cushion.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home." You stated even when you knew that no one will answer you back. You look up to the family portrait hanging on the wall and smiled. The portrait is composed with two people in their 50's and two children around the age of 9.

It was your parents, you and your used-to-be playmate. Well, he is your boyfriend now. He was included in the family picture since he keeps visiting you despite of being the son of Big Mom. He never used his status to look down on lower status people.

Your parents knew about his insecurity but just like you, it didn't matter at all. You still see him as a handsome fellow. That made Katakuri feel welcome and happy around your family.

You jumped from the sofa when a simultaneous knock came from your door.

"Who is it?" You asked, it's just weird that someone comes visiting this late at night.

"It's me" Katakuri's familiar voice made you rush to open the door. When the door opened, he immediately enveloped you with a tight hug, as if he never saw you for a long time. You were taken aback and felt something weird from his presence.

You placed your hand in his nape and your other hand lightly rubbing his back up and down while looking at him from your peripheral with concern.

"Babe, is something wrong?" that was the first question that came to your mind. You can sense something is wrong. He loosen his hug and placed his forehead on top of yours with his eyes closed.

"I...don't want to lose you." He almost whispered in his low tone voice. You frowned from your confusion.

"I'm here, I'm not going to leave you. Tell me what exactly is happening, why are you acting like this." You said softly as you cupped his cheeks with your soft hands.

"It's Mama. A marriage has been arranged for me and the princess of the orcs tribe."

With that, your eyes widened in shock. Body turning cold, heart beating fast. Mouth parted but no words came out.

'A marriage? Am I hearing it right?'