Marry who?!

"Wh-what did I do?" Montdor questioned the princess. He is confused just like the crowd as to why did the princess approached him.

Ida took a deep breathe and smiled at him.

“Montdor Charlotte, will you marry me?”

“EEEHHHHHH!!!!!!!” the crowd along with Montdor was so surprised from her proposal. His eyes went wide and felt a mini heart attack from Ida's words

“A Princess proposing to a bookworm.” Perospero commented in disbelief. “Well, not that I’m complaining." He shrugged. He just want his Mama to calm down so he can go back to sleep.

“How come we’re more good- looking but nobody proposed to us?” Daifuku whispered to Oven like a teenager.

“Hahaha, look at Montdor. I think he’s frozen.” Cracker laughed.

Montdor is still comprehending Ida’s words. Sure, the two of them have a lot of similarities and likes but the proposal came unexpected like a bomb.

“Oi Montdor! Don’t tell me you’re going to reject the Princess.” Oven shouted from the crowd.

“Yes.” Came out form Montdor’s mouth.

“HHAAAAAAAHh!!!!” the crowd screamed at him in unison thinking he is rejecting the princess.

“No! I mean--" He panicked. Ida tilted her head in confusion.

"What the hell Montdor, fix your answer!" Daifuku scoffed. He knew his brother is panicking but he wanted to pressure him more for his own entertainment.

"Mama don't have time to waste, Montdor!" Oven added.

"I mean, SHUT UP EVERYONE!!!” Montdor shouted out of irritation and the square is silent once again. He gave his attention to Ida and took a deep breath.

" Your not sick, aren't you? "He asked.

" Of course not." Ida almost laughed at him.

"Are you sure you wanna marry me? I'm boring."

"Well I'm not boring, it's a good combination to try things with me." She smirked playfully.

"I--uhh---I aheemm. Wait...what?" Montdor didn't want to think that she meant someone else by that.

From the crowd, Daifuku, Oven amd Cracker are giggling at their brother despite the crucial situation with their mother.

"He looks so innocent." Cracker.

"His innocence depends on what book he reads." Oven.

"Damn that lucky guy, I wish someone would propose to me too." Daifuku is still envious with the proposal.

They all shut their mouth when Montdor finally approached Big Mom who's waiting for their decision.

"Mama, I know you wanted Brother Katakuri to marry Princess Ida but Brother Katakuri was a little late to inform you about the news that he wanted to marry y/n. Since you wanted the alliance with the Orcs Tribe, may I replace Brother Katakuri as Princess Ida's fiancé?"

"I am still mad about this situation but I will agree to that as long as the alliance remains. However..." Big Mom looked at you and Katakuri then roam her eyes around her other children.

"Who else knew about Katakuri and Y/n's relationship?" She asked. It was a scary question because who knows what she might do. Despite that, some of the Charlotte raised their hands to admit their knowledge about your relationship.

"I don't want this to happen again, one more mistake of hiding important detail to me will lead to exilation from this territory."

"Yes, mama." Her children answered in unison.

----

In one week, Montdor and Ida got married and lived together. Big Mom didn't oppose your relationship with her son, however, she didn't want to discuss anything about the wedding that Katakuri said. She must have been frustrated with hiding your relationship with Katakuri. But Big Mom didn't say anything when her son moved in with you.

You didn't want to leave your parents house so Katakuri had to move in. He just go to his place on occasional basis but will come home to you when his work there is done. It has been like that for almost a year since the incident.

One day, he was tasked to go on a mission which requires him to be gone for a month. You can't help but miss him so much. He can't even make a call and that got you worried sick.

"Madam y/n, there's a call for you." One of your co-workers called. You sighed and shook your head lightly with a smile.

"It's y/n, not madam." You corrected.

"You are Mr. Katakuri's girlfriend after all." She handed you the transponder snail.

"Yes, but it didn't change the fact that we're working in the same establishment like before. So please, call me on my first name." You persuaded. She sighed with a smile and called you by your first name. She, then, gave you your privacy and left.

"Hello?" Placing the transponder snail on the table near you to resume mixing the dough.

"Guess who?" That voice made you gasp and felt so excited that you held the transponder snail with both hands.

"Katakuri? Honey?!"

"Mm mm." Followed by a door opening behind you. You didn't pay attention to it thinking it's one of your workmates.

"You didn't call for a month, where are you anyways?" You asked sincerely.

"Home."

As he says it, the voice from the transponder snail matches the voice behind you. You turned quickly and there he stood. The love of your life has finally come home.

His scarf is covering half of his face but you can tell he's smiling by the looks of his eyes. You became too emotional that you ran and jump to him, hugging him tightly as if he'll go away again.

"Kata!!" You cried. He giggled and hugged you tightly to keep you in place as he sways you around.

"Miss me that much?" He carefully lowered you enough for your feet to reach the floor.

"You didn't miss me?" You pouted with teary eyes. He wiped your tears from your cheeks and lowered his scarf. He leaned towards you while you close your eyes in anticipation.

You anticipated for a kiss on the lips but he pecked your neck then buried his face under the crook. His arms enveloped you and pulled you tightly in a comfortable way.

"Hey, is something wrong?" You asked while you caress his back.

"I spoke to mama." He said. Your hands paused upon hearing his words. The nostalgia flashed through your memory, this is very similar from the time that you almost lost him.

You leaned back and held his cheeks, looking directly into his eyes.

"Wh-what did she say?" You begin to worry again that Big Mom might go against your relationship for real this time.

"She wants to have five grandchildren."

"I'm sorry, what?"

He giggled upon seeing your confused look.

"She has given her blessings to our wedding." He peck your lips to snap you from confusion.

You screamed with pure happiness and you almost chocked him from your sudden tight hug driven by your mixed happiness and excitement.

"You scared me there!" You cried again.

"Sorry, I just wanna give you a little thrill before our wedding." He held your cheeks and kissed you softly and passionately.

It is now assured that you two will no longer have hindrances and can already be husband and wife.

~end~

Published: September 12, 2022

Thank you for your appreciation and votes everyone ❤️❤️❤️ I love you ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
-Maclara

Twitter: @Masclara17
Facebook: Mas Clara
Tiktok: @masclara17