Chapter 7

You reach the coffee shop sharp at seven 'cause that's the time when your shift starts. You notice the lights off...again.

"Ugh, don't tell me they decided to close-"

"SURPRISE!"

"GAH!" You scream, while clutching your chest. What the- what just happened? You look at the people around, you see Jungkook smiling widely at you, showing off his bunny teeth, Amelia beaming from ear to ear, Rachel still applauding and Seokjin walking towards you with a gorgeous smile. You also spot a few customers. I can't believe they brought the poor customers into this mess.

They must be wondering why the hell they should wish a total stranger, like me. Although there were some customers who I knew personally.

"Very happy birthday Y/N! Did you seriously think we'd just ignore that?" Jin wishes, still beaming.

"Oh, no, no. Its just that, you'll shouldn't have gone through all this trouble..." You say, scanning the café, which had been decorated by streamers and confetti? You didn't even notice. Guess the scare distracted you, that you didn't even notice them bombing confetti.

"Don't worry about that, Y/N. Today, we'll be celebrating your birthday and I won't be taking a no for an answer!" He objected when he saw you trying to reject the offer, "I reject rejection, darling." You chuckle at his comment.

"You're a good friend Y/N." He confessed, which made you flattered. He's too sweet. (a/N: Believe me, when I say you haven't fallen for this guy. That sounds almost impossible XD)

He guided you to a table filled with various types of sweets and pastries. In the middle stood a beautiful navy blue iced cake with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N' written on it; the decoration being white. Candles were placed around the cake, already lighted up. Jungkook offered you a silver knife which had a cute pink ribbon tied to its handle. Accepting it, everyone began singing the happy birthday song. You mentally face palm yourself.

I'm fucking twenty people! Not an itty bitty baby! I wish I could dig a hole, crawl into it and just- DIE!

Once they were done, you closed your eyes and made a wish. You knew it was a bit off, cause you were twenty, but the trio aka. Rachel, Amelia and Jungkook will probably end up murdering you if you hadn't.

I wish...to meet him again.

You knew in your heart who you had referred to as 'him'. You blew off the candles, and taking off a few of them, you run the knife down on the soft cake creating a slice and fed Seokjin first and then your friends.

You cut the rest of the cake and offered slices to everyone who was present and thanked them for wishing you a happy birthday. However, they were more than content to receive a free slice of cake.

The day goes by with us just talking about life and future plans. The customers too, were leaving happily, thanking me for that free slice of cake and a last birthday wish.

"Guys, you really shouldn't have!" You say to your friends and boss who is like a friend to you. The fact that you've never had a surprise birthday party had gotten the best of them.

"I remember about you complaining about how you've never had a surprise birthday party once," said Rachel, with a knowing look.

"So, we decided to throw you one!" Amelia continued, beaming.

"Did you like it?' Jungkook questions, staring at you with a smile. Sometimes, you'd always wish you could just squeeze his cheeks so hard, that it would probably fall off.

"I mean how am I supposed to even answer this? Of course, I did! Thank you, all of you. Especially you Mr.Kim." You turn to Seokjin who was listening to your exchange of words with Jungkook.

"Y/N, I've told you not to be so formal with me. It makes me feel older." He pouted adorably. You turn to Amelia, who looked as though she was about to faint.

"I apologize...Jin."

"That's better." He patted you on the shoulder, before turning to talk to the customers.

"Does that mean I'm free from cleaning today?' You question eagerly, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well...you could say..." Jungkook answered, eyes wavering.

"Okay maybe I shouldn't skip cleaning." You tell, laughing. The trio bursts out laughing, when you decided to join, and it ended up with you ending up on the floor. God, why do you even laugh for such small things? Now, all you needed is a peaceful sleep after your shift.

A/N:✌🏼