ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

When they pass his parked bike, Rafe slides the shorts he slung over his shoulder and drops them onto the seat.

"I'll drive," He says with a proud smile, and Kaia doesn't even hesitate to allow him to drive the boat. He knew what he was doing without the drugs coursing through his body as an obstacle.

Kaia bumps her shoulder into his, and his blue eyes shift from his shoulder to hers. "Where's the coke?" She didn't want him to accidentally waste the product in case he jumped into the water with it still in his pocket.

Rafe returns his gaze down the long dock, the gazebo at the end nearing gradually. He shoves his hand into the pocket of the swim shorts and pulls out the bag between his thumb and index finger. He wiggles it loosely in his grip and chuckles mischievously.

"What, you want some too?" He asks, watching as she raises her hand and wraps her palm and fingers around the bag.

She laughs, "Dude, no! I hope that you remember that we have security cameras and as much as my parents like you, I don't think whatever relationship you guys have would withstand your coke addiction."

"It's not an addiction," Rafe claims, turning towards her but continuing to walk in stride with her.

She shakes her head with a breathy chuckle. "Oh, yeah? What would you call it then? 'Cause I can come right out and say that I thoroughly enjoy the effects of it. And..." Kaia tilts her head to the side, pausing in thought. "And yes. I would even consider myself a borderline addict."

Rafe shakes his head in denial as they step under the shelter that the gazebo provides. They walk to the left side, where the smaller boat is tied up against the dock.

"Yeah, we don't gotta talk about this," He says, dismissing the conversation before walking around to the other side of her, accidentally brushing his arm against her shoulder.

He steps off of the dock, keeping one of his feet planted on the floor of the boat and one on the wooden dock. He holds out a hand, one that Kaia gladly takes as she steps both of her feet into the boat. Rafe try's not to look as she leans over the edge to untie the boat, but her legs are straight and she is fully bent over. His eyes flit down to her ass, noticing how a small part of her bathing suit bottoms peeks out over the waistband of her shorts.

He clears his throat as Kaia pushes the boat away, dropping himself down into the seat. He rubs the back of his neck as he attempts to gather his thoughts. Oftentimes, Kaia would be the person to untie the boat, only having fallen into the water once while attempting to do it under the influence of too many drugs. And never would his eyes find the need to check her out. Not until now. The only reason that he could come up with was that the drugs that Barry had given him had a little more kick to them than usual.

Kaia snaps him out of his thoughts, clearing her throat after she twists the key into the boat's ignition. "Ah, yeah. Sorry, my bad."

She chuckles at his rambling, not tempted to comment on it as she walks towards the front of the boat. Rafe pushes them along the marsh, passing a couple of boats that Kaia waves to. He couldn't ever be bothered to go to an extra length to random people with who he wasn't affiliated. She did it effortlessly with a welcome smile on her face.

After a silent ride out to where no familiar houses were in sight, Rafe slows the boat down to where the only movement of the boat is the small waves lapping against the sides. Kaia lays back against the cushions, squinting her eyes despite the sunglasses that should do their job in shielding the summer rays. She plants her feet under her knees on the seats, before lifting her hips and sliding the shorts off. Kaia kicks them down into the floor before swinging her feet off of the seat and facing Rafe. His head is tilted to the side as he stares over at her before standing up and lifting his shirt over his head.