Chapter 1: The Accident

A flash of light appeared with no source to be seen, it didn't seem to have woken up any of the soldiers in the camping, except for one.

He opened his eyes, annoyed by the sudden lighting, once he adjusted his vision he could see what was happening. A random orb of white was right by his bed, it wasn't everyday that you would see that, so he was a bit confused of what was happening.

He looked around to see if anyone had also noticed. They were all fast asleep, oblivious to what was about to happen.

A boy fell out of the light, and the light disappeared as if it was never there. The boy on the ground had dark hair and blue eyes, he wore a brown sweater and dress pants. He didn't look older than 20, 21 maybe.

- Oh dear....

The boy spoke getting up from the floor. He looked around and saw that the boy in the bed in front of him was staring.

- Pardon my sudden intrusion, would you perhaps tell me what year this is?

The boy in the bed seemed to have forgotten how to speak, he wasn't much older than the mysterious boy, maybe by a year or two. He was blonde with brown eyes, and when his brain caught up to what was happening he realized he was staring for 5 minutes now.

- Oh, uhm, yeah sorry, it's... It's 1965...

- Oh so we are in the Vietnam war.

The blonde boy was still trying to understand what was happening. Who is this guy? How did he get here? Why did he asked for the year and looked like he didn't know we were in the middle of a war? He decided it was the fact he just woke up that he still couldn't understand what was happening.

- Sorry, but... Who are you? How did you get here?

The brunette looked at him for a minute, as if his brain was trying to understand the question.

- Oh! I'm sorry, I guess I didn't introduced myself yet. How rude. My name's Felix, and you are?

- The name's John, but most people call me Johnny.

- It will be a pleasure to meet you Johnny.

Johnny was more confused now, this guy was weirdly casual, and he spoke on the future tense.

- Sorry, I think I misheard you, "will"? Didn't we just met?

- Pfff, sorry, it's kind of an inside joke to me, since I came from the future.

- You what now?

Felix had a soft smile on his face that Johnny couldn't help but stare. The brunette noticed his confusion and didn't waste time to try and explain the situation.

- I'm a time traveler, I was born in the year 2000 and on 2020 I was building a time machine, on 2021 it worked. However something went wrong and now I'm stuck here for God knows how long.

- You seem oddly calm with this whole situation, did you forget we're in the middle of a war and that you are stuck here?

- I may have bad memory but I didn't forget about a war, I just don't really care about it. There's not much I could do other than join the fight I guess.

Johnny was impressed at how calm this boy was, if he was in this situation he would be freaking out right now.

He looked at the clothes the boy was wearing, it didn't seem war appropriate. He got up from his bed and walked towards Felix, he was just an inch or two taller than him, it wasn't too noticeable but you could see there was a difference in height and body type.