Chapter 4

TW: This chapter contains bullying, sexual abuse, and suicide

"So, this is where you live," Jungkook commented. From his tone, it was hard to decipher his opinion of Celia's small apartment. The space was clean and cozy with a plethora of throw pillows and blankets. Jungkook scanned the living room, running his hand absently over the Amish quilt hanging on the wall.

"I got that back home. There are a lot of Amish people close to where I live. They make these awesome quilts just for everyday use, but I couldn't bring myself to use it. I thought it was artwork that deserved a spot on the wall," Celia commented.

"I've travelled all over the globe, but I have to admit, I have never met an Amish person," Jungkook said. "Someday I'll go visit you, and you can take me out to an Amish community," he added.

Celia smiled at the thought of Jungkook meeting her family and seeing where she grew up. It was kind of cute that he was already thinking that far ahead after just one kiss. Although, it was quite a kiss. Celia blushed slightly at the memory of it and hoped that Jungkook wasn't a mind reader because she wanted to keep her thoughts to herself, for sure.

"Have a seat," she said, motioning to the couch. "I'll make some popcorn and then we can look for a movie. Just make yourself comfortable."

"So, how long have you lived here?" Jungkook called after her as she went to the kitchen.

"I guess it's been almost a year now," she called back. "Time really does fly," she added.

"Have you spent much time on the beach?" he asked, grabbing a pillow and holding it against his chest.

"Not as much as I would like," Celia responded.

"We'll have to go, then," promised Jungkook. A few minutes later, Celia entered the living room with the fresh popcorn in a large bowl. She sat down beside Jungkook and put the popcorn between them. She took the remote and scrolled through the guide.

"What are you in the mood for?" she asked. "Comedy, drama, horror?"

"I'm OK with anything you like," he replied amicably.

"How about some classic horror? They have Carrie on tonight. That's based on an old Steven King novel," Celia suggested.

"Sounds good. I usually like Steven King," commented Jungkook, as he took a handful of popcorn. His eyebrows raised a bit as he tried the popcorn. "This isn't out of a microwave pack, is it?" he asked.

"Hell, no!" Celia replied. "I refuse to eat things that aren't food. And I consider prepackaged popcorn to not qualify as food. If I'm going to eat something, it has to be good. This is freshly popped corn with cheddar cheese powder and cayenne pepper."

"Ooo, fancy!" said Jungkook with a laugh.

"I'm bougie. I'll admit it," Celia agreed as she brought the movie up on the screen. "The video is a bit grainy because this movie is from 1976," she explained.

"That's fine," he replied. "I am interested in movie-making of all types, the new stuff and the classics."

They settled in to watch the movie, grabbing popcorn from the bowl alternately. Soon, however, their hands ended up in the bowl at the same time. Jungkook extended his pinkie toward Celia's hand and gently rubbed the side of it with his extended pinkie.