Tanaka

*DING DING DING*

A large golden bell rung, signifying the start of the official boxing match between Ryuunoske Tanaka and his long term rival, Yamamoto.

The stands were filled with thousands of cheering fans, their loud cries echoing through the entire stadium but you couldn't couldn't care any less.

Being Tanaka's manager since the beginning of his career, you sat on the sidelines just outside the ring, your full attention on him and the fight.

You guys toured around the country, competing in local and regional matches and building up his following. This was a big match for him, a win or lose could make or break his career. Winning this would put him on a much larger scale, an international scale, and that all depended on the results of today's match.

You watched intently from the outskirts of the ring as the two men circled each other, sizing up one another and looking for any weak spots. After a while, Yamamoto lunged, going for a full frontal attack.

Big mistake.

Everyone knows the first rule of boxing or even just fighting in general, is to never throw the first punch. What an amateur. He's left himself wide open.

Tanaka swiftly ducks and doges the attack, coming back up full swing and punching him right in the gut. A pained yelp fell from Yamamoto's lips but he quickly recovered and stepped back, one of his arms going around his abdomen protectively as a rather large bruise starts to form.

'Yep. Ryu totally cracked some ribs. That's my boy!" You thought with a small smirk as you watched Tanaka go on the offensive.

He landed a clean hit on Yamamoto's chest before Yamamoto retaliated and attempted to punch back. Tanaka doged or blocked every hit, continuing to advance closer as he backed Yamamoto into a corner.

When he realized his position and the clear lack of both experience and skill between the two, Yamamoto began swinging blindly, trying his best to get out of the situation he was in.

Strike one

Once Yamamoto's back touched the edge of the ring, Tanaka wasted no time and began showering him in blows. Back to back, he struck him and a helpless Yamamoto could do nothing but take it.

He thrashed spastically and both his hands shot up to protect his face.

Strike two

With no protection on the rest of his body, Tanaka took full notice and without fail, began beating on all Yamamoto's openings, definitely doing more than just cracking a few ribs.

In one last desperate attempt to free himself from the corner, one hand shot out and landed a clean hit on Tanaka's face, splitting his bottom lip as the glove came into contact with Tanaka's lower jaw.

Strike three

Getting hit and receiving a punch or two is to be expected in pro boxing, however that does not mean that one looks forward to it. But Tanaka was quite different, he enjoyed getting hit because it riled him up, he saw it as a silent challenge by the other fighter. To him, getting hit was equivalent to someone directly saying that they were stronger than him, and well, that fueled his desire to win even more.

Upon getting hit, all movement stopped and his head whipped to the side, almost like his brain was trying to register the fact that someone had actually just hit him.

He remained rotted in his stance for a while, completely still until he felt the blood from his busted lip drip onto his chest, then a sickly sinister smile appeared on his lips as a new fire that could only be extinguished by victory flashed in his eyes.