Pickle

Pickle was trying not to cry as he finished sewing the white suit for the wedding.

It was today. Blaze and Crusher's wedding day.

Crusher was glowing. He was so excited for that day. As was Blaze.

Pickle was excited for them both. He was happy and awaiting to see Grammy walk Crusher down the aisle. He was happy and awaiting them to exchange vows and for Sparkle to give them their wedding tire rings.

So why wasn't he acting happy?

He was in charge as the wedding planner, prior to his own request. He also placed himself in charge of Crusher's wedding suit, because he refused to wear a dress, and planned to make it as stunning as possible.

So why isn't all this making him smile?

Why was he smiling through force?

Why was he beginning to cry when it wasn't even HIS wedding day?

Probably because at that moment, he wished that HE was the one Crusher was getting married to.

He loved Crusher, more than he should. They had been childhood friends, the closest best friends anyone could realize. They practically grew up together and knew each other's strengths and weaknesses.

When Blaze came, Crusher looked so irritated that Pickle was ready to throw the red truck off a cliff just for him. But as the good friend he was, to both Blaze and Crusher, he planned them a race together, so they could bond and befriend each other.

Maybe it worked a little too well because a few months later, the two were suddenly dating.

They hung out together, all four of them; Blaze, Crusher, AJ and Pickle. But there were times, Crusher and Blaze went off to do their own things. They tried to cover it up as 'just friends', but Pickle could sniff it out from far away.

They were in love.

They loved each other so much.

And it hurt.

It hurt because he knew Blaze would never hurt Crusher.

He would never hurt Crusher, unlike any other guy whom Pickle met.

And since then, Pickle would tearfully watch as the two went on dates.

Again.

And again.

Until the day Blaze proposed.

And now, here they were.

"Hey, Pickle!"

The green truck snapped out of it and forced a smile as he watched Crusher drive in.

"Hey, big fella!" Pickle motioned to the suit. "Here ya go! All sewed to perfection!" He then grinned. "You SURE you don't wanna wear a dress? It IS your wedding day!"

"Hush, no, I DO NOT." Crusher shook his head. "Only you and Darington can pull off a dress, for all I know,"

"Haha, good point," Pickle sighed. "Anyway! There's the suit! Time to place it on for the wedding!"

"Thanks for everything, Pickle," Crusher smiled as the other helped him into the suit. "You're the best,"

"Of course," Pickle really had to hold himself not to break down. "I… I'm your best friend, after all!"

"You're THE bestest best friend ever!" Crusher beamed as he gave him a hug.

Pickle smiled and returned the hug. He smiled for as long as he could, but as soon as the dark blue truck left, he broke down in tears.

He had to be strong.

For his best friend.

He had to push the feelings aside.

His best friend was getting married, after all.

And unfortunately, it wasn't to him.