Epilogue

"Hey Dad, look!"

I raised my head from the book I was reading. Harrison smiled at me as he held out his hand. I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head slightly to the side.

"Is that... Supposed to be a pen?" I asked.

He nodded vigorously. I sighed and shook my head as I tossed the object in the bin. I took a quill from my desk and transfigured it. Harrison was still grinning at me.

"I guess it's time to buy you a wand of your own," I said.

"Really!? For like real real!"

Harrison's hyperactive personality always managed to make me smile. Sometimes I felt bad for the things I had done. The secrets I kept from my son. I went and changed while Harrison did the same. I wasn't going to send my son to Hogwarts, but even just buying a few things never hurt anyone.

"Dad, look! Isn't she cute!" Harrison bounced on his feet.

"How do you know it's a she?" I asked.

"She told me."

I felt a sense of pride build in me. Maybe I would send my son to Hogwarts after all. It just depended on what I planned to do next. I bought the little snake for my son, and we finally made it to Olivander's. Harrison was a little scared at first but quickly became very excited again.

Finding his wand was a mission itself. I'm pretty sure he destroyed half the shop before finding the right one. Honestly, I blame the stupid old man for giving my son inferior wands. It was his fault, yet I still gave him a few extra galleons for repairs. No way I'm letting my son feel guilty for that shit.

"Hey dad, tell me another story about mom."

"Not now Harrison. When we get home, maybe." I sighed.

Harrison pouted but nodded his head. His tiny hand gripped onto mine as I lead us into Knock Turn Alley. Not really a place for kids but I needed something, and that snivelling shopkeeper should have it. I made a beeline for the store making sure I could still feel my son's hand.

Much like in school people still feared me. Unlike in school, they knew exactly what would happen if they crossed me. Still, I would not make my son an easy target. My... Line of work wasn't exactly something my kid should be punished for.

"Mas..." I shot the shopkeeper a deadly look. "Mister Riddle. How nice to see you again. This must be the young heir Riddle."

"Do you have it?" I asked.

"Yes sir. Right away." He scurried off to the back of the store.

Harrison was pulling at my hand trying to get free. I'll be damned if I let those vultures get a hold of him though. The shopkeeper returned with a smile and handed me my package. I grunted a goodbye and left. The sooner we got home the better. Besides I couldn't control Harrison for long.

As my son grows, he gets more powerful. I've never been prouder in my life. He's like a stick of hyperactive dynamite waiting for his fuse to be lit. His ability to do wordless magic is amazing and his wandless magic is interesting. He's got his mother's persistence, energy and her beautiful blue eyes. Maybe that's why I haven't quite gone completely crazy yet.

"Dad! What is in this journal?"

"Open it and see." I shrugged.

He frowned but opened it nonetheless. His frown increased when he saw nothing. With a questioning gaze, he looked up at me. I gestured for him to come to my desk. He watched patiently as I wrote in it. His eyes widening with surprise when my words disappeared, and new words were formed.