Muggles and Death

I couldn't figure it out. I had been through most of the journal and felt what Alicia had felt. It had been 4 months since she was gone. My reflection only seemed to get worse. I hated not knowing where she had gone. I hated coming home to silence. I missed her voice and the feeling of her skin.

"Are you going to stay out here sulking?"

"The fuck does it matter to you?" I growled.

"Tom I'm not... Not scared of you."

"Sure." I rolled my eyes.

The fear in her eyes was enough to tell me she was lying. She wasn't like Alicia even though they were sisters. Actually looking at her I couldn't see any resemblance between them. Her eyes were brown and she was taller. Her hair was straight and blonde. Alicia was much cuter than her.

"Okay fine I'm terrified. But you'll get sick if you stay here. I know Alicia wouldn't want that." She said.

"Just tell me where the hell she is." I grumbled.

"I can't. Tom there's someone who will kill her if you go to her. Please for my sister's sake let her go." She cowered back. "S... Stay with me for a while."

I sneered. "As if I'd stay with the likes of you. Fucking mudblood. I'd rather die."

She shrugged and stepped back. "If you stay with me I'll tell you why she left. Stay long enough and I might tell you where she is."

"If you're playing me I'll kill you." I deadpanned.

She backed away again. "You'll also learn who wants to kill her. Isn't that a good substitute."

I glared at her. "Fine. Only because I want to torture and kill the person looking to kill her."

That was how I ended up here. Having dinner with her muggle family. None of them looked like Alicia in the slightest. It made me curious about their real relationship. Clearly they knew a lot more about her than me. Clearly they had known her for a really really long time. Since she was a baby.

*~*~*

I was getting tired of this back and forth. I was irritated by these muggles who had lied to me. Just because they had adopted Alicia didn't make them family. At least that's how I saw it. I knew Alicia thought differently. Alicia adored these people.

I fiddled with the book in my hand. The journal Alicia had gotten me. Each page contained a different memory. All of them activated by the same phrase. Each memory contained her feelings and thoughts. I hated it and loved it all at once.

I hated that it wasn't actually her. I hated that I couldn't touch her in the memories or in real life. I loved that she never stopped loving me. I loved that I still felt close to her. It was a double edged sword that I couldn't get enough of.

"Knock knock."

I sighed. "What?"

"Dinner is ready."

"When can I see Alicia?" I deadpanned.

"When she's safe."

I grumbled and stood up. I was so irritated. After Hogwarts I worked part-time as an historian. I was a descendant of one of the founders of Hogwarts and I managed to meet others. As time went on I met a man named Lucius Malfoy. He told me about the cult following I unknowingly had when I was a student. He had become a good friend of mine and I trusted him. I told him about what happened with Alicia.

A month later he had promised to help me find the person responsible. It has been a total of 7 months since she left me with nothing but a letter and a journal. There's no evidence that Alicia was forced out of the house. Nothing pointed to anyone wanting to hurt her.