Prologue

The leaves of the Great Sakura Tree had been carried by the wind as the morning sun settled in. The Traveler was leaving for today as their deed was done. The confrontation between the Raiden Shogun and Ei had ended. As it was back then when Makoto was alive, she became the True Thunder and Lightning, while the Shogun became the Shadow like Ei once was.

Ei's consciousness still resides in her Plane of Euthymia. In contrast to its prior, stark red color, an air of clearness giving away to a light blue hue seemed to take form. It almost resembled a light blue sky, mimicking the clarity she finally feels after centuries of guilt and isolation. She meditates there in silence though it seems that she's been processing what transpired today.

She realizes that Inazuma, the nation she swore to keep into eternity, has changed drastically over the last few centuries. But it seems that she knew quite well now that Inazuma is still Inazuma. She finds herself coming to terms with change, not quite embracing it, but allowing it. She sighs as she stretches her gaze into the world she created.

She reminisces about her conversation with the Traveler. Her head hangs low as she remembers all of her allies that had fallen, that fear of loss striking her deep. In the past, it didn't strike her to think of them once more. But after her confrontation with the traveler and the puppet, she thinks about how they would've seen Inazuma as of now. Following the recent events of the leylines, past memories of old lives, old tragedies, struck deeply into her core. Though her thoughts were short lived,they still brought more reason to shape Inazuma to what they needed the most.

Ei's thoughts linger as she pictures her sister. Her sister, that gentle soul from which she wields a piece of her sword. Having that moment in Makoto's Plane of Euthymia, it all became clear to her and while she couldn't say anything back to her sister, Ei was thankful for that piece of her that slowly drifted away. It was closure. Though there was another part of her that wishes she had met.

"Aki..."

A distant past lingers in her words, a name that lies a history of friendship, one that was closer than the others. Embers started falling from her view as she felt heat all around her. Fire and destruction was all that she can see. Inazuma was at the mercy of the jaws of those beasts.

Her dear sister lay in her arms, lifeless, as bright embers of a catastrophe were dancing in the sky. And with the next sight, she reaches out as the ashes of her old friend flew with the wind. their heirloom, a blade forged for them, was held by one of their weeping friends.

And with a blink, she was back to the Plane of Euthymia. Her thoughts drifted off to the heirloom she had kept. it was displaced in her palace though kept clean by the servants working inside, she thought of how she hasn't properly given an offering yet.

She looks over Inazuma city from a bird's eye view. Her line of sight expands as she goes higher and higher and soon she is looking over the islands, her citizens no longer visible. Suddenly a blazing light emerges, hitting the island and a bright crimson feather drops making its mark on the Land of Eternity. And in the deep caverns besides the mountain resides a burning past that is soon to be awakened from their slumber.