Chapter 2 - Haruko

The once starry night sky had moved on gradually changing from its velvety blackness to a softer shade of indigo. The brilliance of the stars that once shone brightly dims as the eastern horizon begins to lighten. A gentle hush settled over the lands, broken only momentarily by the calls of nocturnal creatures roaming about ready to fall into their slumber, accompanied by the rustling of leaves in the occasional breeze. The world seemed to hold its breath, a momentary pause between the darkness of night and the promise of a new day.

The air carried a chilling texture, a reminder that the dead of night's grasp was slowly loosening. Dew settled on greenery and blades of grass, glistening like tiny diamonds as the first sight of dawn appeared. The Horizon blushes with hues of pink and apricot, making the darkness retreat further giving its way to the tender light that heralded the arrival of a new dawn.

A floating silver haired individual made their presence known as they yawned, stretching to their heart's content while their golden haired partner made their way through the land of eternity. The silhouettes of the trees and distant hills emanate, taking on subtle contours in the growing light. When the first sliver of the sun peeked above the horizon, the sky ignited with a warm, golden glow. The stars withdrew completely, yielding to the sun's radiant presence. The world once again transformed, bathed in satin, saffron light of the new day.

A sense of renewal floats in the air, carried by the gentle breeze that whispered of a fresh start. The colors of dawn deepened, the sky shifting through shades of peach and coral, as if painting the canvas of the heavens with ever-changing hues. The world now fully awake, embraced the change. And so, beneath the unfolding dawn, the landscape's transformation from nighttime to morning was a delicate dance of light and shadow, a reminder of the ceaseless rhythm of the natural world.

"Now I see why Sara prefers waking up this early in the morning." The Traveler commented as they continued on walking, while their companion just floated about.

"Yeah, but honestly Paimon doesn't think they could get used to this." Her head is still in the clouds as her eyes lazily open one after the other.

They chuckled, "Come on, she should be waiting at the camp. Don't wanna make us late."

"Mmm, what did she tell us again, like with her routine and stuff?"

"Five o' five on the dot. And she does things by five since it's her lucky number."

Paimon giggled, "Yeah! Hehe~"

Shortly later they arrived at the tiny settlement that the Tenryou Commission established. There were barricades this time that were placed at the entrance of the path.

"Seems like Sara was serious when she said she'd double down on the security." Paimon commented.

They arrived at the camp near the entrance of the cave, Sara was already waiting for them standing beside a table, there seems to be food and paper work on it.

"You've arrived. And quite early as well." Sara greeted them.

"Hello Sara~" Paimon waved.

"I saw the entrance had barricades now." The Traveler commented.

Sara nods, "It's the Tenryou Commission's duty and responsibility to ensure the safety of the citizens of Inazuma. Mainly our target here are the Shrine maidens that make their climb to the Grand Narukami Shrine." She continued, "Considering the conditions of the cave system that we're investigating, we would not want anyone's curiosity getting the best of them."

"Speaking of the cave, has anything changed since we're gone?" Paimon asked.

She shook her head, "As of now, it's still the same as it was yesterday."