Chapter 5 - Ablaze

The cave's entrance framed a scene of desperation—a battleground where the force of the abyss clashed against adamant guardians.

The Traveler, Paimon, and the Raiden Ei arrive on the outskirts of the cave. They stare in shock as they see Sara and her soldiers waging a fierce battle against the relentless force of the abyss hounds. The wolves form crackles with elemental energy in a chaotic dance of teleportation that seems almost impossible to predict.

Sara's voice rings out, a beacon of authority amid chaos, as she directs her soldiers to hold their ground against the elemental onslaught. The wolves' teleportation made them elusive adversaries, their attacks striking from unexpected angles.

The Traveler's heart races as they join the fray, their Anemo abilities create vortexes that seek to disrupt the wolves' teleportation patterns. As soon as the crux of the vortex engulfs the creatures, the Traveler blows them away and the vacuum vortex explodes.

"Sara!" Paimon turns to the General.

The battleground was a symphony of clashing elements. As a rifthound materializes right beside the Traveler, Ei's instincts blaze to life. With a swift, fluid motion, her naginata intercepts the wolf's attack, her blade singing through the air with musical precision.

As the clash of steel against shell resonates, the wolf's teleportation is disrupted just in time.

"Traveler, Paimon, and Your Excellency." Sara bows as the wolves' attacks halt.

"Are you alright?" The Traveler asks.

Sara nods, "I'm fine."

"What is the situation?" Ei asks as well.

"After we finished investigating the cavern, one of the teams had to rendezvous at the camp." Sara explains, "I've asked them to give me a report on their tasks until one of the soldiers saw that the cavern was acting strangely. That was when the second team came running, alarming us that there was an ambush." She continues, "We had to act swiftly. I commanded the rest to take the front lines and intercept. I had thought of retreating since the wolves exceeded our numbers. It was then that you came."

The Traveler looks around to see the injured soldiers. Some are now resting at the camp, treating their wounds. Their eyes then draw to the cave, a surge of vitality emanating from the mouth. A brilliant radiance spills forth from the depths of the cave. The air seems potent, heavenly fire, a force pulsing with an almost hypnotic allure, almost like it was alive.

Ei stares at the mysterious tunnel, furrowing her eyebrows, "That light... it couldn't be."

The Traveler and Paimon exchange a wary glance. Their attention draws to the swirling currents of vitality that spill from the cave. It was as if the very fabric of elements unravel before them, a phenomenon that held an uncanny resemblance to the wolves' chaotic nature.

An ominous shift ripples through the moment of clarity—a transition to something more sinister. Everyone's attention draws to a focal point where a sudden distortion in space begins to swirl.

Sara's gaze narrows, her instincts sensing the impending danger. "To those who can fight!" She calls out to her fellow soldiers, her voice commanding attention. "Prepare yourselves!"

The swirling distortion grew. A portal materializes from the mangled space—an ethereal gateway of the void. The air crackles with unsettling energy, the portal expanding, revealing shadows that shift and contort. Claws coated with lightning and geo arc through the air, monstrous wolves that tower the previous ones emerged. Along them were whelps eager to pounce at the sentinels.