Chapter 13 | Dandelion Wishes

HEY COMMENT ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS STORY IM GONNA DO A Q AND A

Chapter 13

Kageyama Pov.

    Hinata has been nothing but touchy these past few weeks.

Ever since the events at the pier that took place two weeks ago. Not touchy as in sensitive but, it seems whenever he gets the chance he'll lightly grab onto my sleeve or stand almost hip to hip with me.

Hinata has always been touchy with people, but not in the way he is now. During practice Coach had us huddle in a circle as he drew across the large whiteboard a plan for our upcoming match.

I sat in the front row keeping my eyes focused on the board, watching as Coach scribbled down ideas.

Yamaguchi sat next to me and next to him was Tsukishima, on my other side sat Hinata, like usual.

Usually Hinata's eyes are glued to the board, taking in every small piece of information given to him but that day he was acting slightly different then normal.

It's always easy to tell what's on his mind. Volleyball, that's something we have in common, volleyball seems to blind out every other thing happening around us. It's the one thing we can rely on for comfort, and if I lost volleyball, I would be torn, and I assume Hinata would be too, but he seems to be distracted.

Every few minutes he would pear out of the corner of his eyes and stare at me, not a creepy stare at least I didn't think so but out of the corner of my eyes I could see his beautiful brown eyes sparkling and then quickly looking back over at the board, the smile still remaining on his face.

My mind seems to be going through the same thing, focing on the boy beside me and his strange actions more than focusing on the game.

    Something that has never happened to me before, something that scares me more then it intrigues me. One thing that I had always known is that people have never necessarily liked me.

It's that feeling where you're giving it your all and trying to make connections with everyone around you.

Your neighbours, classmates, family members, and teammates, and they shut you down right away.

The nervous stares in the hallways, the kids who refused to make eye contact with you. I wish I had made a bigger effort back in Middle School to befriend some more people, I wish that I would have tried to smile more and ignore everyone who insulted me and called my smile scary.

I wish that I had tried to settle down my temper and tried to negotiate with my teammates, so maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

It took me a while to realize it wasn't just them but it was all of us who needed to make that effort, and I wish we had. I hate to say it but I am thankful that Hinata and I went to the pier that day, for once in my life I felt as if someone kinda cared for me, even if it was that stupid annoying dumbass Hinata.

Things have changed three months ago. I didn't even consider Hinata my friend, just a teammate who I hung out with for hours a day, nothing more, nothing less.

    Currently I am sitting on that oh so familiar hill in that field of dandelions.

Practice ended two hours ago and I instantly headed here. I remember back in Middle School was the first time I came here consistently. It was after a game that we had lost, I remember the numbers we lost both sets and the second one we lost 11-25.

Rage boiled up inside my body as I trudged out of the gym, my hands sweaty and my face red.

It was their fault, if my teammates worked harder and stopped goofing off some much maybe we would have a chance. My sets were perfect, it was their fault they couldn't get through the blockers, they weren't strong enough.