★ | 003. these feelings are confusing

Book: Delinquent, Jurassic World

Chapter 3: These Feelings Are Confusing

Word Count: 1059

"Welcome to Isla Nublar, home of Jurassic World

"Welcome to Isla Nublar, home of Jurassic World." The woman on the PA spoke. "We hope you have a safe and enjoyable stay with us."

They got off the boat and Isaac kept his distance from the brothers, not wanting to get into another argument with Zach. He spotted a lady on the dock, holding up a sign that read ZACH and GRAY MITCHELL and ISAAC MCCALL.

Isaac sighed and put his hoodie up higher to cover his head.

"Where's Aunt Claire?" Gray asked with a little disappointment in his voice. Zach ignored him as the three walked forward towards the lady.

★ ★ ★

"The asteroid's impact also devastated 50% of known plant species, taking ecosystems millions of years to recover."

Gray nudged at his brother, trying to get him to pay attention. Zach just had his headphones on and his arms crossed. Isaac rolled his eyes. He had been acting so sour since their argument. He needed to get over it.

"Okay, those of you in the front of the train should be able to see our main gates." Gray got up and pushed through the people to get to the front. "Those were part of the original park over 20 years ago."

Isaac stayed in his seat as he looked out the window at the passing trees. Zach was sitting behind him and as Isaac wasn't paying attention he didn't notice Zach's intense stare at the side of his face.

Zach frowned as he looked over his face. He couldn't say he didn't miss him. He did. So much. He was just to stubborn to admit it.

★ ★ ★

Isaac was having trouble keeping up with Gray as the young boy bolted in front of them and into the large entrance building.

"You're aunt arranged to greet you at 1:00." The lady who picked them up, Zara, said. "Can he slow down?" She gestured towards Gray.

Zach didn't even both to turn and look at her and just answered, "nope."

"Come on!" Gray yelled at them, waving her hands in an attempt to get them to hurry up. He was already half way up the lift.

That little guy almost had too much energy for Isaac to handle.

★ ★ ★

Zara had lead them to the room they would be staying in. Isaac stayed at the door as he looked around. "You're aunt's got you VIP access, so you can get on all the rides without waiting in line."

"Let's go!" Gray whined, throwing his stuff on the floor.

"Dude, she said we had to wait." Zack responded tiredly.

"I don't want to wait anymore!" Gray ran to the balcony and threw the doors open, his eyes shining with amazement. It was one hell of a view of the park. Zach laid back on the bed, his phone in his face.

Isaac cleared his throat. "Look, I'm tired. Can you show me my room now?"

Zara raised her eyebrows. "There are three beds in here."

"And?"

"That means you'll be staying in here. You don't have your own separate room."

At her words, Isaac's eyes widened and his mouth propped open. "Wait, what? No. I can't stay with him - them. I need my own room."

"Well, that won't be happening. We are all booked out so you will need to stay in here. It's a VIP room, you should be happy."

"This is bullshit." Isaac snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why don't you get over yourself, princess?" Zach said, keeping his eyes on his phone.

"Spending a weekend with you? Great. Just great. I'd rather go pick a fight with a T-Rex." Isaac walked into the room, past the beds and straight into the bathroom. He slammed the door shut behind him. He put his bag on the floor and looked at himself in the mirror.

This was just great. If this weekend wasn't going to be bad for it definitely was now. He turned on the water and cupped his hands under it, filling up his palms before putting his face down and pushing the water into his face. He took in a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart.

Outside of the bathroom, Zach was still on the bed, looking at his phone, at the four new text messages from his girlfriend.

I love you.

I miss you.

I can't wait until you get back.

Do you miss me?

He texts made him roll his eyes and he quickly shut his phone and put it to the side. He didn't love her back. Hell, he barely liked her. He only got with her to try and mend his broken heart. The heart Isaac had broken.

"Is he going to come out of the bathroom? I want to go." Gray said with a huff. "How is he tired? We haven't even done any exploring yet?"

"I don't know, dude. Why don't you go see?" Zach sighed, his eyes glancing towards the bathroom door. He wondered what Isaac was doing in there. If he was freaking out because he had to spend the whole weekend with his ex fling.

It wasn't something Zach was excited for either. He just wanted to get it over and done with so he could get away from Isaac and stop feeling these stupid feelings.

Gray ran to the bathroom door and knocked on it harshly. "Hurry up! I want to go!"

"Just go without me." Isaac said, frustration in his voice. "I - I don't feel the best."

"What? No! You can't miss out." Gray said sadly.

"I'm fine, Gray. Just go have fun."

Against his better judgement, Zach stood up and walked to the bathroom door. "Come on, princess. Gray won't let us leave unless you come to." Isaac didn't answer back to him. "Come on, it's just two days. You'll survive."

Why was Zach trying to get him to go? Just a second ago he was thinking about how much he wanted to stay away from him. Now he didn't want to leave him in the room by himself.

These feelings were really fucking with him.

Isaac slowly opened the door, his eyes connecting with Zach's. "Fine. I'll go."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio