Chapter 3: Teamwork

"Stop the pollution of our neighborhood!" Trini says. "Sign the petition! Help shut the dumpsite down!" Kimberly says. "Come on you guys, we can hardly stand the smell anymore! Let them know that you care, please! Sign up!" Trini says. Penelope walks up to the girls, "Hey girls." "Penny, we're so glad you're here!" Kimberly says. "Yeah, and thanks again for helping us with the petition." Trini says. "Of course, I can't stand the trash everywhere, they don't know what harm it does to our wildlife." "I know right, it's really terrible." Trini says. "Yeah, it is." Kimberly says. The three girls talk amongst themselves for a moment. "So, Penny, is there any guy here that you like?" Kimberly asks. "No." Penelope says rather quickly. Trini smiles, "You answered that rather quickly for someone that has a crush." Penelope goes to say something when Mr. Kaplan walks by. "Oh, hey Mr. Kaplan." Kimberly says. "Now, this is wonderful girls. It's dandy that you're trying to clean up the environment. But is this dumpsite as bad as you say?" Mr. Kaplan asks. "You should see the place, Mr. Kaplan. It's an industrial waste disaster." Trini says. "Who could stand to pollute like that?" Kimberly asks. "Someone who doesn't care about killing our beautiful planet." Penelope says. The girls nod, agreeing with Penelope. "Sign a petition!" Penelope says. "Help clean up the environment!" Kimberly says. "We can live in a cleaner environment!" Trini says. "Fight pollution!" Kimberly says. "Come on, save our earth!" Trini says. "Help us shut down the dumpsite!" Penelope says. "Hey ladies, what's up?" Zack asks. "Hi, guys." Kimberly and Penelope say. "Hey guys." Trini says. "Looks like you're attracting a crowd." Jason says. "Yeah, are you conducting a campaign of some kind?" Billy asks. Penelope nearly drops the clipboard, "We're doing petitions to stop the pollution." "We're delivering these petitions to the dumpsite, today." Trini says. "Cool." Zack says. "Good idea." Billy says. "Yeah, maybe we can convince them to clean up the mess." Kimberly says. "Do you guys want to sign?" Penelope asks handing Jason the clipboard. "Yeah." Jason says. "Sure." Billy says. "Come with us." Trini says. "I'd love to but I have a karate class that I have to teach later and, I mean, it's a great cause but...I can't bug out on my students." Jason explains. "I must also decline. I'm President of the Science Fair Committee and today is our first meeting." Billy says. Penelope smiles a bit, she loves how smart Billy is. Everyone then turns to Zack. "Uh, I'd love to ladies, but Alpha...he said he had something to talk to me about, right away. I promised to meet him, sorry." Zack says handing the clipboard back to Penelope. "It's okay." Kimberly says. "Kimberly, Penelope, and I will go alone then but, it would be a lot more impressive if we acted like a team." Trini says. The boys feel really back that they can't go to the dumpsite with the girls. "Sorry." Jason says. "Well, thanks your signing the petitions, you guys." Kimberly says. "Good luck." Billy says. "See you later." Jason says. "Bye." Kimberly says. Penelope waves to the boys, and almost drops the clipboard again when Billy waves back. Then the girls hear and see Bulk belching. "Hey, Miss. Earth, recycle that." Bulk says as he drops a soda can on the ground, Skull laughs. "Get a life, Bulk." Kimberly says. "Hey! Why don't you take this," Skull crushes the soda can, "To the dump with you Miss. Clean." Skull says as he throws it at them. The girls duck before they get hit, Bulk and Skull laugh again, but they stop a guy picking up the soda can and putting it into the trash bin. "Hey! Geek!" Bulk says. Skull holds the guy, "Come on, man. Let me go!" The guy says. Bulk dumps the trash on him. "Okay, that does it! You're out of line!" Penelope says. Bulk and Skull smile as they let their female friend kick the trash bin towards them, but Kimberly dodges it as she flips over it. "Hey, guess you finally flipped over me." Skull says. "Come on! Let's get her!" Bulk says. Both Bulk and Skull charge at Kimberly but miss as they both grab each other and scream pulling apart before falling into the recycling bin. The girls laugh, "Well, it looks like it's time to take out the trash." Penelope says. Trini laughs, "And deliver these petitions." "Bye." Kimberly says as they leave.

The girls arrive at the dump site. "This is gross," Kimberly says. "What do you suppose that stuff is?" Trini asks, nodding her head to the brown murky puddle. "I don't think we want to know," Kimberly says. The girls walk further in. "Well, it doesn't really look like anybody is here to give these petitions to," Kimberly says. "Lunch break?" Penelope questions. "Then why does it feel like we're being watched?" Trini asks just as Putty's show up. "We got company!" Kimberly says. The girls split up as they fight the Putty's. "Let me go!" Kimberly says as she's being held by the Putty's. "There's too many of them! We're outnumbered here!" Penelope Round-House Kicks one of them before she too, is grabbed by the Putty's, "Get off of me!" A few minutes later, "Are you two alright?" Trini asks. Penelope nods. "Yeah, do you think we got them all?" Kimberly asks. "Uh-oh," Trini says as three Putty's come towards them. "Guys, look." Penelope points to the cans behind them. "Smart," Trini says. "Right. Come on clay boys, come and get us!" Kimberly says. The girls immediately start throwing punches and kicks, before throwing the Putty's into the cans behind them.