Chapter 7: Big Sisters

"Hey, Ernie have you seen a little girl wearing long black pigtails around here?" Kimberly asks. "No Kimberly, sorry," Ernie says. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope look around for the little girl named Maria. "Billy, have you seen Maria?" Trini asks. Billy gets up from his chair. "We can't find her anywhere," Trini says. Kimberly leans against the railing looking around. Trini, Billy, and Penelope walk over to Kimberly. "Don't worry I'm sure she's all right," Billy says. Jason and Zack see Billy and the girls and go over to them. "Hey girls, what's up? You look like you just lost something," Jason says as Zack comes to Jason's left side. "Not something Jason, someone. A 12-year-old girl named, Maria," Kimberly says handing Jason a towel. "Kimberly, Penelope, and I volunteered to be Big Sisters for the day, she was supposed to be here half an hour ago," Trini says, then looks at Kimberly as she speaks. "You don't think she's in some sort of trouble do you?" "All right ladies take it easy, there's no need to fear Detective Zack is here," Zack laughs coming up behind the girls standing between Kim and Trini, before continuing. "Besides how much trouble could a little girl cause?" Zack questions causing Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope to look at him. Guys come running from the showers in towels and shower caps yelping, some still with shampoo in their hair, causing everyone to laugh. "Talk about a bad way to start the day, who'd do a thing like that anyway?" Jason asks. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope all look over and see Maria. Trini points as the three girls speak in unison, "Maria."

Maria sits at the counter drinking a drink when the three girls come over, Trini sits down. "Maria, we're not mad at you. Why did you turn off the hot water?" Trini asks. Maria looks at her and speaks, "I just wanted to get your attention, that's all." Trini puts her hand on Maria's arm. "Maria, just be yourself we'll be your friends no matter what you do," Kimberly says as Maria looks at her. "You will?" Maria asks. "Sure, that's what being friends are all about, right?" Penelope says, looking at Kim and Trini. "Right. Now how would you like to go on a picnic we'd pack a giant basket and have lots of fun. What do you say?" Trini asks Maria. Maria nods eagerly. Kimberly looks at Trini, "I hope you know what we're getting ourselves into."

At the Park, Kimberly is sitting on the blanket along with Penelope, while Trini lays on her stomach with her elbows propping her up, and her feet swing behind her head. "Hey Maria, come eat lunch, it's really good," Kimberly calls out to Maria who walks over. "All right." Kim, Trini, and Penelope are eating chips. Maria sits down, "Thanks for being my friends guys. My dad tries real hard but there's things that he just doesn't understand, know what I mean?" Maria asks. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope nod. "Maria, anytime you wanna talk, we'll listen, okay," Trini tells Maria. Kimberly nods, "Yeah, you know that's what friends are all about." "Thanks," Maria says. Kimberly puts her bag of chips down, "So, who's the raddest boy in your class?" Kimberly asks, brushing the crumbs from her hands and crossing her arms over her stomach leaning forward. "Are you kidding?! They're all dorks, yuck!" Maria says causing the girls to laugh. Kimberly picks her bag of chips back up, unbeknownst to the Putty Patrollers behind them, until Maria mentions it. "Who are those guys?" Trini, Kimberly, and Penelope turn around. "Oh no!" Penelope says. "Looks like we've got picnic crashers." "Putty Patrollers. Maria come here quick, get between us," Kimberly says as they all get to their feet. "What's going on?" Maria asks. A Putty Patroller goes for Maria, only to be met with a double kick from Kim and Trini. The girls continue to fight the Putty Patrollers. Kimberly pulls Maria down as a Putty Patroller tries to kick her, "Look out." Trini flips one to the ground, "Leave us alone!" Penelope kicks one in the head, taking it down, "Stay away from us!" Kimberly cartwheel kicks one, "Hi-Ya! Yeah, and go back where you came from!" Trini kicks one, "Ha!" Kimberly does a backhand spring on one, "Ya! Hi-Ya!" Two Putty Patrollers grab Maria, "Hey get your hands off me, creep!" Maria calls out. A Putty Patroller grabs Trini from behind, holding her. "Maria!" Trini shouts. "I said let go!" The Putty Patrollers disappear. Kimberly and Penelope run over to Trini. "Great, now what are we gonna do?" Kimberly asks.