2. Meeting David

Sunday morning I woke up with a slight hangover. I knew I shouldn't have went out with Sam.

I checked the time and saw that it was 9:30am. Church started in less than two hours. I hurried up and got up. After getting out the shower, I creamed my skin and put on my undergarments.

I went with a simple tan long fitting skirt that stopped below my knees, a white blouse, nude heels, and tan coat. After applying a little makeup, and straightening my hair, I was out the door.

The drive to Gran's house wasn't that long. She showed me the directions to the church, and we had small talk throughout the way there. "They're really nice people. The pastor and his wife, even though they don't have any children"

"That's nice NaNa" I said finally finding a parking space. I got out, following my granny. We got to the entrance, and one the of the ushers seated us.

The church was pretty big. We sat on the fifth row, on the right side. There were a mix of people of all races here. Devotion started, breaking me from my thoughts. I clapped and sung along.

Gran raised me in the church, no doubt. I just sorta lost my way when everything bad started happening to me. When I started working, I became almost too busy. But I did come when Gran asked me.

Devotion ended and they were now bringing out the preacher. "Everybody put your hands together for Pastor David Wright" one of the Deacons yelled through the mic.

Everybody stood up clapping, and the band started playing music. Granny stood up and I decided to too.

Then he walked out. By he I mean the sexy ass man from the gym. He was a preacher?! And he was married! Damn.

He came to the mic, and we made eye contact. He stared at me for a moment, then turned away.

As the service went on, he hadn't looked my way at all. I wonder why? When it ended, Gran stayed behind, saying she wanted me to meet the Pastor and his wife.

I checked my phone screen to see if I looked ok. Why, I don't even know. Just the thought of being next to him made me nervous for some reason.

I saw him, well David, talking to his wife I suppose. Gran and I walked up. "Sister Ruby, how are you today?" the wife greeted. "Just great sweetheart. I wanted you two to meet my granddaughter, Emerald"

"Hi I'm Emerald Johnson" I said extending my hand. "We only do hugs around here honey" the wife said as she hugged me. "I'm Ashlyn Wright, first lady, and this is my husband David" she said touching his arm.

Ashlyn was very beautiful, she stood about 5'8, compared to my 5'4, with blue eyes, and brown hair. She looked like a model, if you ask me.

"Nice to meet you" he said extending his hand. "Same to you" I said shaking it. His grip was firm, and his hand was soft.

We finally let go, and I honestly felt awkward. "Honey Ms.Ruby and I will be right back, we're going to my office to discuss something" she said and he nodded and they left.

I started to walk back to the car when a firm hand landed on my wrist. I turned around and looked at him. "Yes Pastor?"

"Call me David. I saw you the other night, at the gym"

"Yes, yes you did"

"You always go there?"

"Yes. When I have time, work keeps me busy"

"What do you do?"

"I'm a marketing advertiser for Solite"

He looked impressed. "Wow, you seem young for a job like that. How old are you?"