16. I'm Sorry Ms.Johnson...I am Foreal'

It had been over a week since Emerald had heard from David. She figured that he was giving her space to mend her relationship with Gran, in which she was trying to do.

Gran was very stubborn and old-fashioned. I understood that she was upset with me and disappointed that she could probably never forgive me, but she didn't even try to let me apologize for my mistake. After several attempts calling her, and stopping by, I gave up. For now at least.

Emerald took it upon her self to reach out to David and invite him to lunch. He accepted her offer and was on his way to meet her.

All types of thoughts ran through David's head. He wondered how he would not only tell her that he was working things out with his wife, but that she was pregnant. He already knew he hurt her once, and promised to never do it again. He just hoped she would forgive him one day.

David looked up from his phone, seeing her walk in looking better than ever. Emerald hadn't left his mind, not for one bit, and seeing her immediately made him want to drag her to his truck and make love to her.

She sat down in front of him, smiling, oblivious about what he was about to tell her. "Hey David" she said leaning over and planting a kiss on his lips. He kissed her back accidentally, missing the feel of her soft lips.

When she finally pulled away, she smiled, while David on the other hand was trying to contain himself. "So why haven't you been calling me?" she asked and sipped her water.

"Baby I don't know how to say this"

"Say what David?"

He was just silent while she held a confused look on her face. "It's about Ashlyn" he said. "Oh my God David she isn't dead is she?!"

Even though Emerald wasn't that fond of her she didn't wish bad upon Ashlyn. David chuckled a little. "No"

"Then what is it?"

"She's pregnant" he finally said. Emerald's face scrunched in confusion. "Okay and?" she asked and laughed a little.

"And we're gonna try to work things out"

Emerald sat back in her chair and laughed. David was the confused one now. "Good try baby. Real funny. But really, what's going on?" she said. "I'm serious Emerald"

Emerald looked at David. "So you're breaking up with me again? That's what you're saying?"

"Baby it's not like that" she got up from the table, grabbing her purse, and he followed suit. "Hear me out, please" she just shook her head no. She didn't want to hear anything he had to say.

After grabbing my purse, I turned giving him one last look, and walked off. I knew it was only a matter of time before David broke my heart again. This is what comes along with falling in love with a man that already took a vow to someone else.

When I got home, I ran a bath. After grabbing a glass of wine, I sat back and relaxed. I told myself I wasn't going to shed another tear over David's dumb ass. This pain from him was all too regular.

I reached for my phone, hearing I had an incoming call. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Antonio.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me, Antonio"

"Hey Antonio, what's up?"

"I was just calling to see how you were. I'm sorry again about everything. Ashlyn just told me she had a friend in need of male company"

I sighed. "It's ok Antonio. I accepted your apology a long time ago"

Antonio smiled on his end of the phone. He too had to admit that Emerald had not left his mind. He thought she beautiful, and honestly wanted to get to know her. "So I was thinking, maybe we could get together to grab a coffee, no funny business, just coffee" he said.

Emerald laughed. She needed something to take her mind off of David. "Yea Antonio, I'd like that" she replied. "Okay, does Thursday sound good?"

"Sounds about right"

"Okay, see you then"

"Okay" she said and hung up.

After washing up in the shower, Emerald got out, immediately falling asleep afterwards.

I was awoken to someone pulling my thighs open. What the hell? I immediately screamed but a hand was clasped over my mouth. "Shh baby it's me" David said and his mouth latched onto me.

I moaned out, grabbing his head. He picked me up, kissing me. "No David" I protested but he only flipped us over and brought my thighs over his face. "I-" I was cut off by him going back to work.

My mind was all over the place. I felt myself about to reach my peak and he stopped. He unbuttoned his pants but I stopped him. "Get out" I said. "Just one time baby. I swear I'll leave you alone after this" he pleaded.

"No! All you do is use me for sex! I'm tired of it" he stopped. "You know that's not true. I fucking love you" he said, and I swore I saw his eyes glisten. Was he about to cry? He sat back on my bed. "What have I done?"

I sat back with him. "I've hurt you so much baby, I'm so sorry. I'll never stop saying it" he said and looked at me. "I hope one day you can forgive me. I never meant to hurt you like this" he said and grabbed my hand, kissing it.

I wiped his tear that fell and got on his lap. "David look at me" he did as told. "Right now I wanna hate you, but I can't, because I love you. And I know you love me. But just because you and Ashlyn are having a kid doesn't mean it's going to work. I'm only telling you this because I care about you. We weren't meant to be but I want you to be happy"

He sighed. "I am happy with you, and you're right. I guess I never thought about that"

I got off of him, and he got off my bed, buttoning his jeans back up. I followed suit, as he walked to the door. He opened it and turned to me. "I guess this is it, huh?"

I nodded, smiling. "Goodbye Emerald" he said and kissed my lips. "Goodbye David" I said, and he wiped my tear. Then walked out the door, leaving me there, for forever.