#16 About Time You Knew (Finale)

Rowen did keep to what she said.

She left the four of them well alone, and she never tried to bully any one of them. Zee, as well as Richard believed at this rate, she can be forgiven.

Things definitely went back to normal- wake up reluctantly, eat breakfast, go to school, finish school, hang out and yada, yada, yada. It was so much like their routine from before Rowen's arrival that they could've believed she had never come. 

They had made peace; they're not going to fight anymore. However, there was still one particular thing that has not been solved. Yet. 

*

One day, after school, Zee made Richard go to the back of the school where no one can eavesdrop. Or, rather, where they think no one will eavesdrop on them. 

As soon as they arrived, Richard looked at Zee in confusion. "Zee...why did you bring me here...?" he asked the zebra. Zee looked nervous. But she forced herself to look up at Richard. 

"Oh- uh, there's something I think I need to tell you...it's about time you knew, I guess." Zee explained. 

"Alright. What is it?" asked Richard, an eyebrow raised. 

Zee was hoping this wouldn't come, but deep down, she knew the question was inevitable. Anyone in Richard's position would, anyway. 

Zee gulped nervously. Her face felt red-hot. 

"Richard...I like you. For a while now, actually." she blurted out. Silence. 

Richard looked stunned. Zee noticed that and immediately panicked. 

"I'm so so sorry! I just needed to get it off of my chest! I think you deserve to know, anyway! A-And...I hope you're not upset, it's okay if you don't like me back, it's fine, I totally understand!-" Zee said all at once until Richard placed a hand over her mouth. 

"Stop panicking. And you know what?" Richard said casually. 

Zee's heart was racing a million miles per hour. What? Was she going to face rejection?

"I like you too, silly." Richard told her with a mischievous grin. "I can't believe I actually got you there! You looked like you were going to faint!"

"Ugh! You actually made me think you were gonna reject me!" Zee exclaimed, her face a bright red. In fact, from the neck up, she looked like a red zebra instead of a white one. 

Richard laughed. "Oh, you really are gullible. But, anyway, I'm not kidding. I do like you too." he said, with a wry smile. Zee smiled too, but in relief. 

She couldn't take it anymore. She walked tackled the tall rabbit into a kiss. That confirmed it. 

Meanwhile, hiding behind the wall and spying on the two of them, were Zuzy and George. They were both overjoyed to see them together; the ship mischief can now be double the amount. But they were both proud of them as well, they wondered when they could confess...but ah well, that'll be for them to decide. What matters now is Richard and Zee's moment. 

(A/N: And that's the end! Thank you so much for supporting this book since it was first published! 

There'll be another Piggy book coming in October, however. It may have little to no ship flavor, but I promise it won't be boring. Well, at least I hope it isn't.

Again, thanks so much for reading and supporting this all the way! I enjoy reading your comments and feedback! I appreciate it :D

Have a great day/night, and stay tuned for that Piggy book! <3)