99%

It was a few hours after the dreadful encounter, late in the afternoon when George stirred, deciding that enough hours had passed not to make it seem suspicious. He was aware of the eyes in every corner of the house watching him, always watching him. He had to be careful, although he didn't know how inconspicuous he could be when every single move of his was being recorded.

He quietly opened his door and padded downstairs, walking towards the kitchen. He got a glass from the cabinet and then grabbed some apple juice from the fridge, hoping that it would help calm his trembling body, at least. George stayed there for several minutes, with his eyes closed, basking in the silence for a while. His chest tightened as he realized that Dream and Sapnap had indeed heard his wishes and were letting him have space, leaving him quite literally the whole house to himself.

His fingers tightened around the glass, a sardonic smile twisting his features as he glared down at the glass, marveling at how easily he broke.

It was now or never.

With a deep breath, he placed his glass in the sink and started moving back towards the living room, where the front door was. If he made a run for it, he would be able to get out before Dream or Sapnap had any chance to come out and get to him. Ideally, taking the car would be the best option, but it was futile, as he didn't have a driver's license yet.

As soon as he stepped out to the hallway, he turned right and rushed to the front door. When his hand grabbed the doorknob, he heard a soft click. He tried to yank the door open, but it refused to budge.

"No, no, no, no, please," he cried, yanking at it again and again. He glanced around, eyes falling on the keys on top of the stand next to him. He snatched them and struggled to get the correct one, cursing as his hands shook, his mind in disarray.

His body seized up as he heard two doors open simultaneously, hurried footsteps on the floor above him.

"C'mon please, c'mon, c'mon, please, please," his vision started to become blurry from the unshed tears that swam into his eyes.

"George,"

A voice called behind him, but he ignored it, frantically trying in one of the keys, a sob escaping his lips when he dropped them to the ground.

"George, honey, look at us."

He shook his head, legs wobbling under him, his strength, any resolve in him slowly leaving his body as he slid down on his knees. George pressed his forehead against the door as the footsteps slowly inched closer and closer from behind, eyes falling shut as quiet sobs started to wrack through his body, tears rolling down his flushed cheeks.

"P-Please," he begged, the word leaving his lips in repeat under his breath, a broken whisper.

He cried out as arms were wrapped around him, picking him up from the floor, and before he had any time to fight back, unconsciousness engulfed him, a promising darkness surrounding him.

--------

A soft groan escaped his lips, slowly regaining consciousness. George’s face scrunched up as he became aware of his surroundings. His hand brushed against soft sheets, yet for some reason, it was awfully difficult to freely move his limb, as if there was an added weight. At the sound of metal clinking, his eyes snapped open, his heart plummeting to his stomach at the sight before him. There were thick cuffs locked around his right wrist, a chain connected to it, leading all the way to one of the metal bars on the headboard.

His eyes darted around the unknown room he found himself in, his breath starting to come out in short, frenzied pants, the dreaded realization dawning on his face. They had him. Brief memories of him trying to escape from the front door flashed through his mind, and then nothing. Darkness. He was probably knocked out cold, and brought here, wherever this was.