34| It's Official

The Luna ceremony. It was finally time. I stood behind the gold double doors. I could hear all the chatter from inside. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. Grayson squeezed my hand before gesturing to the warrior to open the door. The pack was instantly silenced as we walked through the parted crowd. We reached the stage and got on it.

"Good evening wolves!," Grayson said loudly, his voice booming. "As you're all aware, your Luna has been found." I noticed he was careful with his words. We had found each other long ago. He didn't say that I returned. "Tonight, we have gathered here to complete our pack after years of not having a Luna."

I zoned out of the rest of the speech. I was worrying about after the ceremony. The Luna and Alpha usually lead the pack on a run in their wolf forms. Since I'm pregnant, I can't shift. The run is a symbol of unity in a way.

Things are meant to be done in a certain order but we've fucked it up. Normally, the Luna gets marked during or before the ceremony for the first time. If she's been marked before the ceremony then, the Alpha just needs to remark her again. The Alpha and Luna mate after the ceremony to ensure they can lead the pack on a run.

I returned back to reality once I realised Gray was staring at me expectantly. I slowly took the knife from his hand. I sliced my palm and held my hand over the bowl.

"I vow to always protect this pack and my Alpha. I vow to always put this pack and my Alphas needs before my own. I vow to always be truthful and loyal to this pack and my Alpha."

Luna ceremony's are a lot different from normal ceremony's where a wolf joins a pack. I had been practising this part earlier with help from Gray. I'm just so relieved that I didn't mess up.

I made another cut on my hand as Grayson did the same. We linked our hands together mixing our blood. He pulled me towards him and moved my hair away from my neck, the side where my mark lays. He looked at me for permission and I slowly nodded my head. His large canines had enlarged and were ready to mark me again. He slowly bit into my mark causing me to bite my lip. I didn't want a moan to come out. Imagine how embarrassing that would be. After a couple of seconds, he pulled out and licked away the blood.

Suddenly, I was overcome with a feeling of happiness. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere.

The chatter and excitement from all the wolves was something I could feel and hear in my head. The pack mindlink was going crazy. A huge smile graced my lips as I looked at the pack. Gray grabbed my hand from my side and planted a small kiss on it, turning my gaze away from the pack to him.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms made their way to my waist, pulling me closer to him. Our lips locked in a soft and slow kiss. It was as if we were expressing our emotions through it. After a couple of minutes, we broke away from the kiss and leaned our foreheads against one another. "I love you," I told him.

"I love you too, beautiful," he said with a small smile.

We got off the stage and was immediately greeted by members of the pack. Questions were thrown as I did my best to answer them. The only thing that I was grateful for was Grayson staying by my side the whole time. He didn't wander off to talk to someone. He stayed with me, holding my hand.

It's been a while and the ceremony was coming to an end.

Graysons PoV
I can't believe how lucky I am. Standing here with Alana in front of the whole pack is something I only ever dreamed of. I was finally complete. We held hands as we walked around the room greeting pack members.

Thinking back to when Alana told me she was pregnant, I was terrified. To her it may have seemed like I was excited. I was but I was more terrified. I could be like my father. I want to give my child a better life. I need to. She's reassured me that I'd be an amazing dad but I'm not so sure. All I know is that I have to try my best. I have to support her and be there for her through every step because I know how terrified she is.

I had a strong feeling she was pregnant before she told me but it didn't seem real until she confirmed it.

I have so much to lose now than before. Some crazy ass person is after her. Now her and the pup are in danger. I'm terrified. We have no plan whatsoever.

"Gray," she said softly as she faced me. "I'm tired and my feet hurt." I let out a small chuckle at how subtle she was being. She wanted me to carry her.

I glanced around the room to see people were leaving. The ceremony is over. "How about we sleep here tonight?," I suggested. I did not want to walk home. Truth be told, I was pretty tired too. She nodded her head as she leaned against me.

I gently carried her bridal style and slowly made my way towards our room in the pack house.

I put her back down on her own two feet by the foot of the bed. She threw herself back and let out a sigh. A small smile grew on my face before I walked into the restroom, wanting a shower.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw the window was wide open. I glanced around the room, looking for any sign of danger or threat. My eyes landed on the mirror.

I'm everywhere but nowhere. See how close I can get to you? I wonder what else I can do.

I quickly called Alana over. I made the mistake of trying to lie to her once. I'm not doing that again. She came towards me and stared at the mirror.

"What the...," she trailed off as she looked behind me. I turned to see writing on the glass shower door.

Forgot to say congrats on the new addition. I'll see the little one soon.

I clenched my fists. It's one thing threatening me but it's a whole other thing when my mate and child are being threatened.

I promise that I'm gonna murder this asshole once I figure out who it is.