iii. go sit in the box

Harlow, Fulton, Russ and Charlie walked into the cafeteria to see the Varsity team picking on Kenny

Harlow, Fulton, Russ and Charlie walked into the cafeteria to see the Varsity team picking on Kenny. "I could maim that big goon. But with Portman here, we could take em all." Fulton said. "They want lunch, we'll give em lunch." Charlie said. "I want no part in this." Harlow said, leaving them and walking towards her sister and the rest of the team. 

"Julie, what are you eating? That's full of sugar. You're gonna make yourself sick." Harlow scolded her sister once she saw the tray of sugar filled treats. "Goldberg says they're full of energy and that it will help me in the goal." Julie said. Harlow turned to Goldberg and raised her eyebrow. "Oh, did he now?" Goldberg's face paled and he looked anywhere but Harlow. 

They all looked up when the Varsity team started chasing Fulton, Charlie, and Russ out of the cafeteria. They all got up and ran after them as everyone else started running out too. 

                                                                                            ***

The team skated laps around the rink at practice that afternoon but Julie looked sick. "God damn it, Goldberg." Harlow said. "Work those legs, Gaffney!" Coach Orion shouted out. "Are you okay?" Harlow asked her. "Where's your energy?" "I think I'm gonna be sick." Julie said, leaning over the boards and puking into the box. "One cupcake over the line, cat lady." Goldberg said and tapped her with his stick. "Alright, I've had enough of you!" Harlow shouted and dropped her gloves. Fulton stepped in front of her. "That's enough." He growled. "Go sit in the box." He said. "But Julie just puked in there." Harlow complained.

"I said, go!" Fulton yelled, more angry than Harlow had ever seen him. "Fine." She said quietly, skating to the box. She stepped over Julie's puke and sat as far away from it as possible. "Wolverine! What are you doing?" Coach Orion called out. "I'm in timeout." She told him. "What?" "Fulton put me in timeout." She said. Coach Orion turned to Fulton. "She was being a brat so I put her in timeout." He said. "It happens a lot, sir." Averman told him.

Harlow was forced to watch everyone else practice while she sat in the box. Julie's puke was still there and it was disgusting to look at. "Freeze! I said freeze!" Coach Orion shouted out. Averman kept sliding and went into the boards. "Listen, I'm not a defenseman, I'm a scorer!" Charlie shouted out. "Go join Gaffney in the box." Coach Orion said and Charlie sadly skated over. "Watch out for-" Harlow didn't finish her sentence before Charlie stepped in Julie's puke. "That." "Anybody share his opinion?" Coach Orion said once Charlie sat down. No one said anything.

"Alright, then, take a knee." "Fulton!" Harlow whined. "Fine." He said, and Harlow hopped over the boards and skated towards him. "You're still getting punished later, you know that right?" He said. Harlow nodded. "Oh, Jesus Christ." Julie said, rolling her eyes. "That's enough of that." Coach Orion said. "What's the one thing all great teams have in common?" "Great coaching." Averman said. "Don't try to suck up to me, Averman. Defense. See, unlike scoring, defense never quits. But to play great defense, you need one thing above all else."