The new lands

That morning the two-leg had taken them somewhere new. Every corner they turned, seemed to be one she didn't recognise. Garnets front paws sat up on the dash her eyes staring out onto the black path in front of them, Kodi sat in the back head his head out the window. A deep breathe left her chest as she let out a deep huff, her tail perking as she felt a warm hand go down her back, a 'prr' leaving her mouth as she gazed to the two-leg, he seemed to be saying something reassuringly but what she didn't understand. Her gaze soon snapped back to the path as the monster came to a stop, A two-leg nest sitting by itself in the woods.

Soon enough Garnet found herself jumping out of the monster. Her mouth and nose met with a multitude of smells she never recognised. Kodiak jumping out next, already started to go around, marking his grounds and sussing out their new surroundings. With a soft smile Garnet found herself exploring filled with curiosity. The two-leg unpacking the monster. 

As she walked around the house there wasn't anything much of interest, spiderwebs, weird plants, scents from animals that the two-leg would soon hunt. However the scent of other cats was what confused her, she remembered stories from the ones that lived by the sea but she didn't think much of it till now. Her thoughts were also confused as to why they had moved away. That was something she would find out later.

Jumping up onto the old wooden fence that sat around the houses perimeter. Garnet held her tail up high, her paws treading carefully along the rims of the wood as her gaze peered into the forest that brimmed with life. Sitting down, closing her eyes she took in her surroundings.

Taking in the scents around her. Fur ruffling in the winds, the bell on her collar dinging softly from the breeze, the leaves rustling as the birds sang songs of the falling sun, ready to sleep for the night. Today was a fine summer evening.

Her thoughts were soon cut off as she felt eyes staring her down. Opening her eyes she looked around before her eyes fell to the ground below, here gaze met with that of golden orbs that seemed to stare straight through her, Staying calm but alert she tilted her head "hello? are you from around here?."

She spoke with curiosity as the black cat continued to stare up at her before it turned tail high slinking back into the shadows of the forest trees. Sitting on the fence still she sat there confused and a little bit unnerved. What an unusual thing to see or perhaps she imagined it?

Shaking it off she shook her fur jumping down to where the cat once stood , Peering back into the forest her curiosity peeked before she found herself running into the forest looking for them being sure not to wonder to far.

"Rats, their gone..." she sighed to herself as she found herself back at the fence line, it was easier to turn around more than she thought. No scent to follow and no more sighting she found herself hungry, leaping back over the fence to the new nest.

Padding her way back to the house she was greeted by Kodi once more, excitement in his steps. "Isn't this place great?!, there's so much space and freedom, Even old man rex is in the nest just over. Apparently we'll be going out hunting, I can't wait to see what's out there" Buzzing around he walked back towards the house with garnet.

Laughing softly she gave a soft nod "sounds like things will be getting more lively, I hope things are okay back at the old nest."

she sighed walking inside as Kodi pushed the door open, the warmth from the fire filling the room as she padded over and flopped down in front to clean herself. 

Kodi tried calming himself down heading off to find the two-leg wanting to play and not be annoyed by the sound of garnet cleaning herself.

Garnet sighed as she laid in front of the fire staring into the flames as they flickered, everything felt off. The new nest seeming to have eyes at every corner but her eyes grew heavy as she passed out. 

Authors Note:

I like he idea she would be around 4-5 Moons, As a Maine coon her size does differ to the usual cat, I like the idea she's around the same size as Kodiak when he was around a medium/small dog.

Or what normal sized cats adult cats would be.