Influence in the afterlife

Many people (like me) have some kind of sensitivity to paranormal things and although I must say that I have always been curious about the subject, it is not something that I particularly like to experience. Throughout my 33 years, I have had multiple experiences of all kinds, but today I will talk about 4 moments that I have very well recorded. I also want to detail that this is not part of what is in the box, although I do keep some memories of these events, but rather that the determination to write this chapter, comes from a conversation with my friend Isa, with whom we remembered some theatrical anecdotes.

1.- The candlesticks that burst

This happened shortly after my dad's death. I think it had already been a month and my logical self was telling me that the most appropriate thing to do was to rearrange his room, that is, to adapt it to the new reality and arrange the furniture in it so that it was part of the living room, while the dining room was next to my room (years ago my dad had turned the dining room into my room to give me some privacy), sold a closet and some things we weren't going to use, I proceeded to rearrange the room, placing the couches, coffee table, decor, etc, all according to my criteria (which without false modesty is not bad at all) but something strange happened when my mother and I left the room. Walking the minimal distance from her room to mine, I can swear without a hint of doubt, that something grabbed my ankle, I firmly felt the grip of a full hand, which of course startled me, but my logical mind downplayed it as there was no evidence of the paranormal.

When I lay down on my bed, not 5 minutes had passed and there was a clatter in the living room and the sound of glass breaking. My mother and I ran to see what was going on and the candlesticks I had placed on the decorative coffee table were lying on the floor and broken, as if something had violently struck them. I approached the window thinking that a cat might have gotten in and out as I sensed noise in the house knocking over the candlesticks in the process, but the window was closed. We opted to pick up the shards of glass and leave the room, but all this only resulted in me having one (of many) sleep paralysis crises at night and the vision of a dark specter emerging from the floor, of which I could only make out its piercing red eyes.

2.- The girl in the theater

This happened in 2018, in January to be exact. We had finished the season of the play "Les Miserables" at the Auditorium of the Casa de la Juventud in Chorrillos and we were exhausted after dismantling the scenery and taking everything off stage. So Isa, myself and a member of the cast at the time, sat down to rest and have a soda to catch our breath. At that moment a little girl, no more than 7 years old, came running from the stage towards the door that led to the dressing room where we were. I thought she was a little girl from the audience who had gotten away from her mother and I pointed out that she could not be there.

The little girl answered me with a big smile and ran down the stairs that separated her from us, passing in between the 3 of us and running down the aisle that led to the theater courtyard. We looked at each other thinking that it was nothing relevant and when we turned off the lights in the dressing room and left everything closed for the staff to collect the things and take them to the storage room, we went out to the courtyard and told the guardian of the auditorium about the girl, because we thought she was lost and he, with total brazenness and cold blood told us that the girl had died 30 years before, killed on the ground on which the auditorium was built and that she always appeared at night.

3.- My father's visit

We were in a small family reunion in the apartment of San Borja, with several of my aunts, some of them I love very much... (specifically 4) and others... I tolerate them with great difficulty. (specifically 4) and others... I barely tolerate them, however, it was a particularly difficult time economically speaking for us, so the meeting was not exactly ostentatious. A very complicated moment, emotionally speaking, was when one of my aunts gave us a small double wooden and silver picture frame, which we thought we had lost in the move and which she told us we had forgotten in her house when we rented her a mini-paw. In the little square there were only two photos, of my grandparents just a few months after they were married. At that moment I was overcome with such a warm wave of nostalgia that something attracted my attention.... I looked up and standing in the kitchen doorway was my dad. Dressed in his favorite blue sweater and gray pants he used to wear. How shocked my expression would be that everyone looked at the same place as if guided by my expression and everyone (more than 10 people) froze when they saw my dad standing there.

He just looked at us, smiled at us and walked out the front door as if he was heading to the entrance of the building. None of us moved until several minutes later, only to find that there was no sign of anything physical that had happened there.

4.- The short film in the cemetery

Here I must admit that there could have been a basis for paranormal activity of some kind, because I was part of a suspense short film that a group of EPIC students wanted to record in the municipal cemetery of Surquillo. It seemed like an excellent idea to me, as I am a fan of suspense thriller stories. But I should have realized that something was wrong from the beginning... when we arrived at the place, there was a very heavy energy (at least I felt it) and as time went by, it seemed that something or someone did not want us there, manifesting itself in a large number of cats that wandered among the tombs and adopted a very aggressive posture toward us.

To give you some context, keep in mind that the filming would take place from 10 pm to 3 am with various scenes filmed in the cemetery hallways. Everything was going more or less fine with some strange noises that put us on alert, until it was my turn to record a chase scene with a colleague in one of the corridors of the pavilion. At the director's order, we started the scene and as soon as we took a few steps, we heard some knocks coming from one of the tombs on our right side. We stopped and restarted the scene as it was more conspicuous than acceptable. After restarting the scene, we started the chase and suddenly... one of the tombstones of the upper row of the niches, shot across the pavilion and shattered against the ground.

We were petrified and the collective glances, as well as the camera, were directed towards the niche where the tombstone had come from. At that moment several cats blocked our way, meowing angrily and hissing in a very aggressive attitude, so we literally ran away and returned to the entrance of the cemetery. When we told the guard, he asked us which pavilion we were in and when we mentioned it to him, he told us that we were filming near the common grave and that it was possible that the dead of the place had taken it as a lack of respect. No member of the cast or production team agreed to continue filming, so we proceeded to withdraw and left the project unfinished.