27: Decisions

I woke up early, earlier than even Riss herself.

The first thing I felt was a pang in my heart.

I was determined to start over. Whether that meant putting the past few weeks behind or simply keeping my distance, I couldn't say. Advanced Potions would be easy- there were too many people for him to single me out.

Applicable potions? I would just skip it for now.

All that I knew was I was done chasing Snape for the few moments of happiness he brought me, moments that never left me feeling whole in the first place.

I had been so stupid, getting involved with him. And what happened at the cabin? I was going to chalk it up to him and I being so isolated from the outside world.

My mind spun with excuses as to why I should just forget about him. My heart was full of adrenaline. I was going to show him what he was playing with, because I had had enough. for him to tell me last night that he didn't know what I was talking about, that there was nothing between us...

It hurt like hell. And it shattered my heart into pieces. Pieces that I had to put back together, because I couldn't trust him anymore.

All I had wanted was an answer, a word of reassurance. A word that didn't end with him mocking me or making me feel like an incapable child.

I started doing my makeup, stepping out of my comfort zone. I applied black eyeliner and did a smoky eye look.

Next, I pulled on a deep blue turtleneck and paired it with the skirt I'd worn months ago, the one that revealed a little too much upper leg.

However, I didn't really care. Let him look for all I cared.

After pulling some fishnets on under my skirt, I put my Doc Martens on and ran my hands through my hair. Perfect.

Riss emerged from the bathroom, whistling at me loudly.

"What's the occasion?" She asked, brushing her hair out.

"I just feel like myself again," I replied vaguely.

I felt a nudge in my head. Snape trying to get in, again. I blocked him at once, shaking my head.

Riss looked at me oddly, but pulled on her robes and didn't ask.

"Breakfast?" She asked me.

I agreed, and we headed downstairs.

I held by head high and didn't glance at the professors' table as Riss and I made our way to the Ravenclaw table.

We were greeted by a group going over Transfiguration homework.

I joined in, giving in my input as we started to eat the waffled placed before us.

A familiar face caught my eye, and my eyebrows rose when I saw Featherfoot sitting at the table. He smiled at me, pretending to tip an invisible hat at me, making me laugh. He smiled at his success, and left his seat to come sit across Riss and I.

"Hello, Zelle!" He smiled, his eyes lighting up as he looked from me to Riss. "Whose your friend?"

"This is Clarissa," I gestured to Riss, who waved shyly.

"You can call me Riss," she said timidly, and I could tell she thought he was cute.

"Riss! Wonderful. I'm Jack. Jack Yaxley."

Yaxley? I wondered. That sounded like a Death Eater family name, I pondered to myself.

"Removed from the bloodline," Featherfoot (Jack?!) said. "A lot of people ask if I'm related to the infamous Death Eater," he said.