CHAPTER 6

"Hold on what do you mean bucky's missing?" Tony raised a brow.

"That's what I said Bucky Barnes is missing, he is been missing for three weeks" Fury answered back.

"I don't believe it" the inventor threw his hands up in the air "I don't fucking believe it. There is no way that Bucket Barnes is missing. I mean he can take care of himself. This guy took down an elevator full of HYDRA scum and a shit ton of inhumanly things. So, how the hell is one of the deadliest assassin in the world is missing?!"

Fury rubbed his temple and sighed "I wish I knew honestly"

"What about the tracker that is attached to his bike?" Bruce asked. "That should tell us where steve is"

"We found the bike, no signs of the rider"

The group looked at each other years togerher had caused them to form a bond like a family. Now their brother and teammate had been taken. The question is that who had the ability to take the man who is a genius tactician and an expert in hand to hand combat.

"Even without his guns Buck still should have gotten away" Sam crossed his arms over his chest.
"I mean he is still pretty lethal without it"

Clint nodded "Still whoever these people are. Must be pretty dangerous if they managed to take down Bucky Barnes without a problem"

"The area showed signs of struggle, Bucky was pretty relentless as the area itself was pretty much destroyed. Still they had strength to take down a super soldier"

Nat frowned, her inner omega whined. Not liking the fact that her potential mate had gone missing. Both her inner nature and Nat herself was worried about the whereabouts of their teammate.
"Does he have any enemies?"

"Why would he? I mean we haven't heard anything from HYDRA in a while" Tony had satellites and face recognition running incase HYDRA decides to rear it's ugly head.

"Sir" they all spotted Hill walking in a worried expression on her face. "They found this" all looked at what the second in command  SHIELD held out.

"Hold on" Bruce took a closer look at the item. "Is that?"

"Fur" Thor said recognizing the furry substance.

"Well Shit" Fury cursed under his breath. Everyone looked at him with questioning eyes but only Natasha had a slight glare in her green eyes.

"All right Nick" All the avengers were shocked at the icy tone that Nat used. It wasn't normal for her to act this way. Only omegas acted this way in order to protect their Alphas. "You are keeping secrets from us about James, so spill"

"Sir I think now's not the time to be secretive" Hill pointed out. "Sooner or later they are going to have to know"

"I know" Fury said, Beta was right. "Normally I had to ask Barnes permission to share something personal and since he is not here and we are on the clock, I guess I have no choice but to tell you all truth"

"What truth" Pepper tilted her head.

"Bucky Barnes isn't normal"

Tony snorted "Of course he is a super soldier and an ex-assassin"

"I don't mean like that Stark, there is more to him than being a super soldier" Fury pinched the bridge of his nose. " Hill take this over me"

Hill nodded "what the director is trying to say that there is something more to Bucky than his super soldier abilities. The physiology of Barnes that we gave to you and fed to other doctors are nothing more than just lies"

"What do you mean by partial lies?" Nat's eyes gleamed dangeroulsy.

"You all have heard the story of how many of us were descendants of werewolves. That's why a select group of us has the ability of knot and go into heat. Why our species go seperate into three different categories: Alpha Beta and Omega. Why our species have specialized males that can get impregnated and why some of our woman can impregnate those that are part of species"

"I don't see what this has to do with Steve" Clint raised a brow.

"So you are saying that despite this sort of change in our's kind of behaviour the others still maintained the balance of  staying in werewolf and human form?" Bruce asked.

The brunette nodded "Exactly this small group of werewolves were able to shift forms and continued on doing so. Until human started hunting down these shifters and cage them up so they could stay in their werewolf form to fight and kill each other. That's why they started dying out and their descendants could barely shift because they mated with non shifters"

"Let me guess this straight" the doctor pushed his glasses up, "with each descendants of these shifters the ability to shift to werewolf and human began to decrease because the blood began to get less pure with each new generation"

"Correct Dr. Banner"

"How does this involve Bucky" sam asked.

"Because barnes came from a line of shifters" fury answered this line. "He had just enough shifter blood to allow him to be born an alpha otherwise he did be just an omega"

"This explains why he doesn't back down from a fight" clint mused.

Thor frowned "this explains his most recent behavior. Why he acted so violently when he saw Lady Natasha get hurt"

Bruce eyes widened "hold on that fur it belongs to a shifter yes?"

Fury nodded "Yes, that was the reason why barnes got captured"

"Hold on you are telling me that barnes is actually a shifter? That doesn't make sense isn't is blood too diluted for him to actually shift" Tony pondered.

Sorry guys this was short but I promise next chapter will be longer 😁😊🙏🏼