Chapter 51

"I'm sorry," I sobbed. I gently caressed his cheek and wiped his tears, "I'm so sorry that I had to leave. I thought it was the right thing to do."

He shook his head, "It doesn't matter, as long as we're together again. I can finally embrace you again. As long as you're here, that's enough for me."

"Hindi ka ba nagagalit sa akin?"

"I want to pero mas mahal kita. Mapapatawad pa rin kita sa huli." he held my hand on his face and kissed it.

I sadly smiled. I can't believe it. This guy still loves me even though I left him like that. Kahit naging masama ako at sinaktan ko siya, pinapatawad niya pa rin ako.

"Patawad, Blake. Gusto kong sabihin sa'yo, pero natatakot ako. Natatakot ako na baka mayroon na namang madadamay." I said, avoiding his eyes.

"You don't trust me?" he asked and carefully wiped my tears.

"I do. I do trust you. You have no idea," I bit my lip. I pulled his hand that held mine and rubbed it, "Gusto ko talagang sabihin pero ayoko. Wala akong depensa kasi eto lang ako. I'm practically a nobody."

"You're somebody to me. Somebody that I want to be with." sabi niya.

I smiled, "I know."

I just held his hand. I can't look at him. Baka sasabihin ko. Baka mawala na yung malaking pader na itinayo ko sa sarili ko.

I was about to speak but stopped when I suddenly saw a big scar on his right hand.

"Ano'ng nangyari rito?" I pointed to the scar.

I turned to him at nakita ko kung paano umiigting ang panga niya, "Emily."

"Huh?"

"College pa ako nun. We were dating because I wanted to move on. When I felt that it won't work, sinabi ko sa kanya na itigil na. That's when she started to get violent. She would go to my house, shout at me and pleaded to get back. Kapag sasabibin ko na ayoko na talaga, she'll throw vases, glass, whatever she'll grab to me."

This is just so cruel. That fucking bitch. Someday, I'd get back at her. She physically abused him, not minding that this man has been through a lot.

"I'm sorry," I held his hand and kissed the scar. He held my hand back and intertwined it.

Iyan nalang ang masasabi ko. I wasn't there. I felt horrible. Ang dami na niyang pinagdaanan. Nasasaktan ako para sa kanya.

"Do you still love me?"

Malungkot akong ngumiti. I want to say that I still love him.

Iniwasan ko ang tanong niya kaya inabot ko ang tubig sa kanya, "Drink up and get some sleep."

He looks like a sad puppy. Gusto niyang magsalita pero alam niyang hindi ko masagot iyon. He grabbed the bottle but held my hand with it. Nagtaka ako. Kinuha niya ang kamay ko. He opened my palm and placed the velvet box with the ring.

"Blake?" I can't help but feel nervous.

"Take it. It's yours," he suddenly paused, "You know, since ayaw mo naman sabihin kung ready ka para sa akin o hindi, eto nalang. Suotin mo yan kapag ready ka nang mag-open sa akin. I don't care how long it would take, but I'm willing to wait, okay?"

I nodded.

"Show it to me when you're ready," he smiled.

I smiled back, "Sige na, higa ka na roon. Drink the water first."

Sinunod naman niya ang sinabi ko. Hedrank the water tapos umupo siya sa kama. Mamaya pa kasi makabalik sa resort kaya I'll just let him rest for a bit. I know he's tired from all the things that he said to me and I also think he's fine now. I'm sure he's feeling a lot better now that he told me everything.