Chapter 3

Trigger Warning: Mention of guns

Eun-Jung walked down the familiar path along side her best friend. She was wearing a hoodie and jeans that she had left at Soobin's place at one of the many occasions she had stayed over at his house in the past.

 She was wearing a hoodie and jeans that she had left at Soobin's place at one of the many occasions she had stayed over at his house in the past

(^ That's what Eun-Jung is wearing and that is not what she looks like btw, I want y'all to imagine her as however you guys feel comfortable)

Eun-Jung and Soobin were both walking in the direction of the school in complete silence. Eun-Jung had her EarPods in one of her ears and was bobbing her head along to the music, silently being watched by Soobin who had a small smile on his face. The lack of attention never really bothered him since he was used to this.

Eun-Jung's phone rang breaking through the comfortable silence and causing her to come to an abrupt stop. All the colours drained from her face when she saw the caller ID. She did not plan on facing her mother until after school.

Soobin's curiosity spiked and he causally peeked over her shoulder and said "Answer it."

"What!?" Eun-Jung yelled out in shock. "Soobin you know I can't-."

"It's fine Eun-Jung. It's not like it's the end of the world or something." He joked reassuringly.

"Jee thanks. For the record it really does feel like so" Eun-Jung rolled her eyes good natured and drew in a shaky breath before accepting the call.

"Thank god you picked up! Are you okay Eun-Jung? Where are you? Do you have any idea how worried I was." Eun-Jung's mother yelled. The worry and relief evident in her voice.

"Sorry, mom. I'm completely fine. I crashed at one of my friends place last night so you don't have to worry." Eun-Jung replied in a monotone. Eun-Jung sighed in relief at the fact her mother didn't bring up her step-brothers and stepfather.

"Where are you right now?" Her mother asked once again.

She hesitated before answering "I'm heading to school."

"Eun-Jung you will be going to the same school as your brothers. I'll send them to pick to you up." Said girl's mother said sternly.

So much for not bringing up those idiots, Eun-Jung thought.

"What!? No! I'm not going to any other school. I don't want anything to do with those pea brains." Eun-Jung yelled, not caring to hide her hatred for them.

"They're your older brothers, Eun-Jung. Stop being disrespectful. And my decision is final so you don't have any other choice." Her mother scolded.

"Is my life even my choice." Eun-Jung muttered under her breath. (And.....I'm dumping my misery lol)

"You'll come home with your brothers without hesitation. Am I clear?" Her mother stated sternly.

Eun-Jung huffed and said a small 'yes' before ending the call.