Chapter 3

*

It took me a hot second to process what I just saw. Did I really see a wolf right now? And it was on top of me?! Nah, maybe I'm still drunk from sleep.

I slowly opened the door a little. It's on the bed. It's staring at the door. It tilted it's head. I shut the door again then started panicking.

Why is it in my house?! I'm freaking afraid of dogs. Why did it have to be a wolf instead of a cat?! Then it bark making me jump.

Bad idea but I opened the door. It's just sitting there staring at me. I slowly and carefully approached it. Right before I got close to it, it barked again scaring me again. "Alright, alright. I get it."

I tried again, slowly approach it. It's not attacking me, weird. I thought wolves attack prey. Maybe they attack only when they feel threatened or hungry.

I reached out to it expecting to get bitten but it just brought it's head into my hand. I can't believe this, I'm patting a wolf. And a big one at that. To be honest, it's kinda cute. It's fur is grey and white.

"Where did you come from?" I sat next to it on the bed.

"Woof!" It scared me again, I flinched. Dumb idea asking a dog a question and actually expecting an answer.

"I'm so stupid sometimes." It licked my face again. Ugh, so slimy. I wiped the spit off. "I guess you're not so bad. But what am I gonna do with a wolf? Should I call animal control?"

"Woof woof woof woof!" It started crying.

"Okay, I won't. But I don't know what to do with you. I've never had a dog before, let alone a pet."

"Woof woof."

"Do you actually understand me though?" It laid down. "Guess not." I continued caressing it. "You're actually really cute." I smiled to myself. "But I can't keep you here with me. You're a wolf, you need a lot of space and my house is small. It'll be cruel to keep you here."

"Woof." This time it barked softly.

"How about I take you to the woods? The closest woods from here are about 2km away."

"Woof!" It put it's head on my lap. Huge head though. I've never seen a wolf this big before. It's more like beast than wolf to be honest.

"You don't want to go?" Now I'm confused. Am I really gonna live with a wolf? I don't know anything about wolves nor dogs.

Wait a second, what happened to the guy that was here last night? And how did I get into bed? Did he leave? If so, where did he go? And is he okay? I wonder what his name is, I never actually got to ask. He even left the clothes I bought for him. Does that mean he's running around naked?

"If you're gonna stay with me you're gonna need a name. What do you think?"

"Woof."

"Why do I keep on talking to you in hopes for an actual answer?" I face palmed. "I don't have a name for you though."

I took my phone that was on the night stand and opened Google.

'Best names for wolves.'

"Wait, male or female?" I carefully checked then it barked at me. "Sorry, I was just checking."

Let's search for male names then. "What do you think, huh?" I showed it the screen. "I didn't even know there would be so many. Wait, Lupus? Latin for 'wolf'. What do you think?"

"Woof!" It licked my face again.

"I'm just gonna guess and say you like it. Then, welcome to your new home Lupus. My name is Keylan."