Birth of the rajput

It was the year 1292.The kingdom of Suvarnagiri was filled with joy and happiness when Raja Jaydev's wife Rani Samyukta was above to give birth to a child. The king was walking in the palace hallway restlessly as he couldn't wait for his wish to come true , for which he had kept many vraths and did many pujas. He prayed and prayed to Lord Mahadev to give him a heir to their kingdom , a brave and handsome boy who would take over the kingdom after him.

As he was remembering all this , he heard a dasi's voice -

" Maharaj ki jay ho! Maharaj , Maharani gave birth to a baby boy whose face is as bright as the sun "
Hearing this few happy tears rolled down his eyes and he immediately removed the pearl necklace he was wearing and gifted it to the dasi who thanked him and left.

Maharaj immediately rushed to see his son and when he entered the room , a dasi handed over his son , whom his took in his hands and thanked Lord Shankar profusely  for fulfilling his wish. Soon , the kulguru was called by the king so as to name the prince. As soon as the kulguru saw the boy he uttered unintentionally " Maldev ".
The boy was born on "ekaadashi" an auspicious day for Hindus.

The entire kingdom was magnificent with ceremonial splendour.Beautiful rangolis were made infront of every house , each and every corner of the kingdom was lit with hundreds of diyas bag full of gold coins and precious jewels were distributed to all people of the kingdom and everyone blessed the boy and prayed for his good health , long life and a grand 'daawat' (feast) was organised for all the people of the kingdom which was marked by varities of delicious dishes , bhajans , Ghoomar (folk dance of rajputs) etc.

                       _____________
It gets better later on... please once do give it this story a try.😄