Prologue

PROLOGUE

9 years earlier. . .

Eloise heaved heavily, feeling her heart race and her body sweat. She stood behind the wall, silently giggling to herself. She listened as she heard heavy footsteps and doors slamming.

"ELOISE!"

She peeked a little behind the wall and saw no one in sight. As she was about to run, someone grabbed her from behind and tickled her, making her laugh loudly.

"Got you." Her oldest brother said.

Eloise laughed harder as her brother tickled her even more.

"PLEASE!"

She pleaded with her brother to stop as she laughed, making Emiliano laugh.

They were so caught up in the moment, they did not realize that everyone watched the sight.

Their brothers huffed, feeling jealous while their parents looked at them in adoration.

"Okay! Okay! Stop it!" Matteo said in jealousy and frustration, and the rest of the brothers agreed.

Eloise and Emiliano stopped and they stood up, catching their breaths.

Valeria shook her head smiling.

"Okay, enough playing. It's time for dinner." She said rubbing her tummy.

The siblings looked at each other before running off when Matteo and Matias fell face first, making the others laugh "Not fair you bitc-"

"Language!" Alejandro's voice boomed in the lounge, making Matias gulp in fear and Matteo roll his eyes.

"Whatever old man!"

"That's not what your mother said-"

"ALEJANDRO!"

Midnight
12:45 AM

Everyone was asleep. Except for Eloise. She sat by her window, looking at the heavy rain outside. She couldn't help but feel like something bad is going to happen.

The thunder clapped louder, startling Eloise. She quickly put on her bunny slippers and left her room.

She walked down the dark hallway towards her parents' room. She got to her parent's room and knocked.

After knocking several times, she shrugged her shoulders and got inside.

But nothing could have prepared her for what she saw. . .

She got in and switched on the light.

She saw her mother's body, under the covers. Her father was not home as he had a mafia business to take care of.

She walked over to the bed and took in front of the bed. She climbed the bed and kneeled next to her mother.

"Mommy?" No response.

"Mom?" No response.

"Mommy we- AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Eloise screamed in horror.

Valeria's body was full of blood, her neck was twisted, her belly was stabbed multiple times and her body was filled with scratches. Valeria's eyes were wide open and her face had dry tear stains. Eloise cried, closing her eyes to not see her mother in that state. The door slammed open.

"ELOISE! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

𝖧𝖾𝗒 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗌.

𝖧𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋?

𝖶𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇 𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗍?

𝖥𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋.

Until next time,

- Love, T.