Chapter 07: Name A Trouble

CASSIEN

"HELP! TULUNGAN niyo po kami!" Conan kept knocking on the door whilst I was sitting on the doorstep, trying to pretend that I'm undergoing through shortness of breath. However, one thing was true: Nanghihina ako sa kahihiyan. Luckily, there was nobody in this neighborhood that would witness the scene that we were currently making. Well, I guess, my adventure would be dull without this kind of event.

When the door swung open, a tall man emerged from the threshold and gave us two a worried look. "Ano'ng nangyayari?"

"‘Y-Yung kapatid ko po!" — Conan pointed at me — "Inaatake po siya ng allergy n-niya!"

Gusto ko sanang tumawa sa panginginig ng boses niya pero alam na alam kong hindi ito ang tamang oras. Aside from laughter, I couldn't help but be amazed at the same time — his acting skills were Oscar-worthy. When I looked up to his eyes, they were building tears. His efforts struck me that I should also do my best not to let them in vain.

"Nahihirapan siyang huminga?" nag-aalalang tanong ng lalaki. He came closer to check upon me. "Dalhin mo na siya sa ospital!"

"W-Wala po kaming pambayad," nauutal na sagot ni Conan. "Huwag po kayong mag-alala, Manong! M-Maaagapan pa naman p-po 'to kung mabibilhan a-agad ng gamot . . ."

"G-Gano'n ba?" Pati 'yung lalaki ay mukhang nababahala na rin.

According to our quick research earlier, this man's name was Jasper Riga and became Lisbeth's lover 1 year ago. He was working at the Vmart from 10 AM through 8 PM and been living alone in this small house at Daffodil St.

He skeptically looked at his own abode then back to us. Halatang nag-aalinlangan siyang papasukin kami. Even if it was in Filipino's custom to be hospitable, some were being cautious and hesitant. I couldn't blame them — hindi naman lahat ay may mabuting intensyon. For us, we're in the grey area.

Mas lalo pa akong umarteng nahihirapan huminga. Thankfully, Conan did some make-ups on my face and some parts of my arms to construct a realistic scene. Didn't know he had such unbelievable — for his gender — talent. Lahat kasi ng mga lalaking make-up artist na nakikita ko ay bakla.

Conan, don't tell me—

"O s-sige, pumasok kayo rito. Ihiga mo siya r'yan sa sofa. Ano bang gamot n'yan para makabili na? Tsk, mga kapit-bahay ko talaga, hindi man lang kayo napansin!"

Little did he know, we intentionally aimed for his abode.

Nang tulungan akong ihiga ni Conan sa sofa sa loob ng bahay, tumayo lang si Jasper sa harapan namin habang pinapanood kami. He didn't seem to know what was the right thing to do as of the moment. His behavior convinced me that he was hiding something in here.

"Salamat po talaga, Manong!" mangiyak-ngiyak na wika ni Conan. Me, on the other hand, was just acting helplessly and letting my companion do the communication. "Antihistamine po ang g-gamot niya."

Conan inserted his hand within his pocket and from his expression, one could say that he felt nothing. He's acting broke. Thanks to his wig, his blond hair was covered that might unfortunately give Jasper a hint that my companion was actually a Lavio.

"Okay lang, 'toy. Ito na lang ang pambili mo," Jasper said and gave him enough penny in which the latter wholeheartedly returned so much gratitude.