Chapter Nine

Ryoko went back inside the Castle still baffled by Meliodas's plan to become the Demon King just revive her not thinking about the major consequences.

"Meliodas" she muttered than she takes out a hand mirror with a gold handle and teal in the back.

"Show me Meliodas" Ryoko whispered to the mirror. The Mirror exposed Meliodas's emotions in purgatory with Ban, finding out a way to escape.

"Be safe" Ryoko muttered softly a tear down her face.

Meanwhile,

In purgatory, Meliodas now dress in clothes made from the hides of the purgatory creatures, currently he was having a moment with Ban and Wild Hawk's older brother since they been trapped in purgatory for a thousands of years time runs differently in purgatory, it was harsh and difficult but they had each other to rely on.

Since being purgatory Meliodas started to gained lost memories of Ryoko along with a newfound hatred for Elizabeth.

"Hey Captain you're ok? You spaced out" Ban asks in concern for his best friend, Meliodas ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm starting to remember everything, my memories of Ryoko" he muttered.

Ban's eyes widened in shock "Wait you mean" he retorted in disbelief.

"Yeah and I hate Elizabeth with everything I am, as soon as we get out of here I'm going make that bitch suffer" Meliodas darkly interjected.

"Captain?" Ban muttered in shock, he's never seen Meliodas in such a rage.

"For three thousand I was cursed to watch Elizabeth die and reincarnate 106 times yet I felt nothing but I was in such denial I ignored my true feelings and besides Ryoko was already dead so at the time it didn't matter it still brought more despair and suffering. If you want to know the truth Ban, during my trail back Istar I never once dreamed of Liz it was Ryoko" he muttered to the Fox Sin, Ban frowns but he wasn't surprised now that he thought whenever Captain was around Elizabeth it never felt right, something was off but he didn't commented on it he figured it wasn't his place to say anything.

"I never felt sadness after seeing Liz die yet seeing Ryoko dying was heartbreaking to a point I lost control I didn't understand it at first until now it was my conscience telling me Elizabeth was never mine it was always Ryoko and I abandoned her" he muttered gritting his teeth in anguish and guilt.

Ban frowns in sympathy "Captain, I know you. I know you would never abandoned your love ones" He replied in comfort.

Meliodas gritted his teeth turning to face Ban tears falling down his face "But I did indirectly or not I still abandoned her!" He shouted angrily.

Ban frowns "But you didn't, it's been three thousand years and you're talking about her now. You said it yourself never once cried over Elizabeth's death despite her dying hundreds of time yet you seen Ryoko only once and you were a mess that should tell you something" Ban blurted.

"Still how could I?" Meliodas muttered in self loathing.

Ban frowns "Look Captain once we get out of here and we will, you need to face her" he blurted calmly, shocking Meliodas.

"But Ban" Meliodas stuttered.

"No buts!!! Own up to it! You're the Dragon Sin of Wrath!!!! Captain you're a tough son of bitch!!! Don't let Elizabitch get in between you and the woman you love. Face Ryoko and you tell her you love her and you're going to give her the biggest hug and never let her go!!! You already lost her for three thousand years, do you want to lose her again?!" Ban angrily interjected.

Meliodas's face formed into a scowl and fierce look formed into his bright green eyes.

"No, hell no!" He retorted angrily and Ban grins.