Chapter Four

Previously,

"It's has everything to do with me, Ryoko was our lover you bastard!" Zeldris roared.

Meliodas and Elizabeth were dumbfounded.

Zeldris's black eyes were filled with hate and rage along with sorrow "You allow that bitch to poison you and yes I'm going to call her a bitch because that's what she is a low class tramp with no morals!" Zeldris sneered than he turns his attention to Elizabeth.

"You think it's funny playing with the minds and hearts of others? From my point of view you looked desperate and yes Ryoko has her flaws as well but she's twice the woman you'll ever be" he coldly reprimanded while Elizabeth glares at him.

Meliodas frowns "I'm not here to argue with you I'm come here to become the next Demon King" he was interrupted by Zeldris.

"No I'm going to become the next Demon King" he blurted but he was interrupted by Estarossa who slowly walk in tilting his head in a childish manner.

"I can't believe we're playing musical chairs but if we're going to fight about it than I will put my name in the hat" Estarossa blurted childishly.

Meliodas frowns "Estarossa I see you're still alive" he remarks.

Estarossa smiles sadistically than his eyes widened at Elizabeth "Hold on are you Elizabeth!?" He blurted.

Elizabeth was stunned "W-Wait how is it you know my name this is the first time we met isn't it!?" She asserted.

Estarossa chuckles "You know what you can have the throne but in return I want you to hand over Elizabeth to me" he blurted, Elizabeth's eyes widened in shock.

"You can have her once I'm done" Meliodas blurted surprising Estarossa.

"Isn't she your woman?" Estarossa blurted.

"No she isn't, she never was in the first place" Meliodas muttered his eyes were covered by his bangs, Zeldris clutches onto the black pendant around his neck.

"That's why I'm going to become the Demon King to bring her to life" Meliodas declared.

Zeldris frowns "Funny you say that now but you don't even remember her" he angrily interjected.

"Actually I do, but it's been three thousand years so I don't even remember her voice" Meliodas muttered his blonde bangs covering his eyes.

Zeldris snickered sadistically "If you think I'm letting you become Demon King, Meliodas? You're sadly mistaken" he blurted.

"I'm going to become Demon King and I'm going to used the power to Ryoko back to life, after all I'm not the one who abandoned her" Zeldris asserted coldly towards Meliodas who scowled any further.

"I don't care that you regained your memories, I'm going to become Demon King and when I do I'm going to use that power to bring Ryoko back to life! No matter the cost!" Zeldris fiercely interjected.

Elizabeth frowns "Why go throughout this, even if you become the Demon King bringing back the dead is impossible and against nature, it's a double edged sword" she blurted coldly.

Zeldris raised an eyebrow "You got a lot nerve and this is coming from someone who's cursed with eternal reincarnation" he blurted angrily, Elizabeth scowled.

"I don't know why my brother would be saddened to see you die numerous times, if I'm lucky I would relish seeing you die a dozen times over and over again, wench!" He coldly responded.

"Well at least I wasn't sealed away for three thousand years" Elizabeth coldly asserted.

Zeldris snorts "I rather be sealed away to being stuck in a three thousand year old curse with you" he retorted.

"Because of you, I lost the woman who means everything to me, so my brother watching you die was the cherry on top of the fucking Sundae!" He growled.

Meliodas remains quiet as he reclaimed another memory of Ryoko.

(Flashback)

Ryoko was nursing Meliodas's arm wound to make sure it wasn't infected he was hit by a arrow laced with Wisteria a common weakness to demons.

Ryoko rubs some ointment on the wound and started wrapping his arm.

Meliodas actually felt relaxed "I'm almost done" Ryoko remarks as she finished dressing the wound.

"You're all set Meliodas but you need to take it easy for a bit. You have been hit with wisteria" Ryoko remarks as she hugs him behind, laying on his shoulder. Meliodas's face was a little red but he would not let Ryoko see it, her touch was so warm that it made his seven hearts beat.

(Flashback ends)

Meliodas misses her touch and her scent, how could he forget?

Elizabeth scowls at Zeldris "Well at least I can be revived while Ryoko will still be dead and gone" she coldly stated hitting below the belt and Zeldris finally lost it. he charges towards the reincarnated goddess sword in hand, Meliodas just stood there in shock he never once seen his brother so riled up, Ryoko's death really impacted him.

"You Bitch! I'll kill you!" Zeldris roared and Elizabeth quickly activated an ark and slapped him with it causing damage and he went flying his body landing in a thud and she quickly escaped.

Zeldris scowls angrily a bruised formed on the left side of his face, tears falling down his face.

"When I see her again she will be the first one to die and I kill many of her reincarnations if I have to" Zeldris muttered underneath his breath, turning to Meliodas "I hope she was worth throwing Ryoko away brother" he blurted coldly before he walked away still recovering from Elizabeth's ark but that's nothing compared to being reminded of Ryoko's horrible death no matter how many years it's passed he will never get that image out of his head.

(Flashback)

Ryoko lies in Zeldris's arms her lungs clotting with blood leaking from the corner from her mouth.

"Zel it hurts" Ryoko muttered her voice becoming hoarse her eyes darkening as Zeldris held her closely underneath his chin so Ryoko doesn't see his tears feeling powerless to save his lover from her fate.

The last thing Ryoko heard was the sound of Zeldris's seven hearts beating while hers was slowing down until her heart finally stopped beating leaving behind the one person who loves her eternally, blocking out Zeldris sobs as death took her.

Flashback ends

During his time in the seal all he could think about was Ryoko's cold body in his arms and the guilt of not being able to save her. He would do anything to bring her back and he doesn't care who gets hurt in the process and he won't let anyone stand in his way.

A desperate man could be dangerous but a man in love is even more dangerous.

To be continued