First Day Back

Jean walked into the longue, as she looked around her fellow colleagues and noticed something.
Most of them were silent.

"..hey! Come on, people! Summer's over, it's time for teaching!" She exclaimed, as a murmur of groans emerged, mainly from a certain three.

"Jean... you do realise this year has Hu Tao right?" Zhongli, the history Teacher, spoke up.

"..Well, I did give her a stern word last year, I think she'll be fine."

"I-... No..." Diluc interjected, as he stood up and approached Jean.
"Hu Tao has no filter, she's like a BingSearcher."

Kazuha, The Geography Teacher, then interrupted:

"While Hu Tao may be bad... Let's not forget about... you know." He slyly gestured to Childe, who wasn't even paying attention, as he was instead on his phone.

"...Ajax!" Jean shouted, as Childe turned.

"WHAT? AND DONT CALL ME THAT!"

"Aren't you suppose to be preparing the first PE lesson?" Jean asked, while walking to the coffee machine.

Childe put his phone away, before hopping up. "Nah, Beidou's gone ahead and done it."

Scaramouche spoke up, as he kicked Childe's legs. "Shouldn't you be helping?"

"Heyy! I was going to, but she said she wanted to be alone in the gym.." Childe moved away from Scaramouche, giving him a judgemental look which resulted in a middle finger from the Drama Teacher.

Jean walked over with her coffee:
"Say, Where's Ningguang and Albedo?"

Kaeya butted in, as he leaned over the couch:

"Albedo's sick, as for Ningguang.. I saw her enter the gym.." He let out a playful moan, as Childe and Kazuha both chuckled at it.

"Needlessly inappropriate, Kaeya. Don't you have a lesson to start soon aswell?"
Jean gave him a sharp glare, as he nodded and left the lounge.

A few minutes passed as the bell rang, so teachers started to exit apart from Lisa and Jean.

"Jean..." Lisa exaggerated her voice as she flopped her arms over Jean's shoulders.

"Yes, Lisa?" Jean answered, hiding the fact she was dying inside.

"You do realise it's almost been 5 years, right? Since you founded this Academy?" Lisa pulled away and placed her and Jean's cups of coffee in the sink.

"I do, I have something planned for next month.. I just need help from the Student Council, and the Behavioural Team.." Jean wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist and rested her head on the Librarian's shoulder.

"My, my. A bit early, don't you think?" The Librarian turned and gave Jean a kiss.

"...I got carried away, apologies. I should prepare for the assembly, goodbye!" Jean scurried her words together before exiting the room, leaving Lisa alone.

"...What a cutie.." She let out a chuckle, before looking out the window at the hoards of students entering the building.

>MEANWHILE, IN THAT HOARD.<

"XINYANNNNN!" Hu Tao let out a shout in the corridors, as Xinyan's head popped up from a corner.

"HU TAOOOOO!" Her face lit up as she ran towards Tao, before hugging her.

"YAN. YAN. DID THE CONCERT GO GOOD???" Hu Tao pulled away before she then shook Xinyan shoulders aggressively.

"AAAAA- YEAH!! I CONFESSED AT THE END OF IT TO XIANGLING!!" Xinyan smiled as Hu Tao let out an over dramatic gasp.

"WHAT?? DID SHE SAY SHE LIKED YOU TOO??" She was practically jumping with joy for her Best Friend.

Xinyan nodded before asking:

"OH YEAH! You said you couldn't come but didn't explain why??"

"oooh.. personal stuff! Sorry, but it sounds like you had fun!" Hu Tao looked around, before gasping once again and grabbing Xinyan by the shoulder.

"ITS HER." Hu Tao pointed in the direction of Xiangling, who had her back to them.

"SAY HI!!" Hu Tao proceeded to push Xinyan towards her, as she then nodded and ran towards the Chef-in-training before pulling her in for a hug. Tao decided to leave them to it as she ran through the corridors passing many students such as Xingqiu, Mona, Chongyun and Barbara. As she ran more, a shout emerged from behind her, Thoma.

"HU TAO! YOU KNOW THE RULES." Thoma started walking towards the stationary Hu Tao.

"BUT THOMAAASSS!" She let out a groan and turned to the man.

"I know you've been off for a while, but cmon. You're in your last year here! Be a role model for the younger ones!" He placed his hands in his pockets and gave her a stare.

"Thomas.. Thomas, we've know eachother for the last 3 years, let a girl slide with just a warning today, eh?"

"...fine. but just remember, Gorou and Xiao aren't as kind as I am.." Thoma then walked past her and patted her shoulder before leaving.

"Woah... that worked? yeaaAAAAAAH!"
She left out a scream of relief before venturing to her first class.