三十五

"After opening the Prison Realm, we have to keep Gojo Satoru within a four-metre radius of it for one full minute."

It was a seemingly impossible task, to contain a demigod like Gojo. However, for the strongest sorcerer, his biggest flaw was the fact that he was not a demigod. He was human, and that was what caused his downfall. 

"C'mon now Satoru, are you letting your mind wander during a fight?" Geto's scalding tone met his angered gaze. 

All it had taken was a single friendly greeting, a single "hello", from the man who he thought was dead. His best friend, his one and only, someone he had to kill with his own hands. It just wouldn't process in his brain, with his eyes telling him one story and his heart telling him another, and in the split second it took for him to realize what was happening, he was already captured.

"Who are you?" He demanded, the gum-like bonds of the prison realm pulled taut to resist the sheer amount of force he used to shorten the distance between himself and this man. 

"Geto Suguru, of course. Did you forget?" Geto clicked his tongue in playful disapproval. "How sad."

"Your body, and even your cursed energy. My six eyes tell me you're Suguru Geto..."

Anger surged through Gojo's body, and he heaved forward with a menacing glare. "BUT MY SOUL KNOWS OTHERWISE!!! HURRY UP AND ANSWER!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??!!"

Oh it was satisfying, the uncharacteristically helpless yet enraged look on this sorcerer's face. Geto couldn't help but chuckle at little, pleased with the little game he'd set up, the intelligence of his opponent. 

"Yeesh." He sighed, reaching up to caress the stitching across his forehead. "How'd you know?"

What stood before him was not Geto Suguru, but rather his body, and in the hollow of his skull was the most disgusting creature Gojo ever laid eyes on. 

It was a brain, covered in clear fluid and set with a pair of gnashing teeth that grinned at him mockingly. It sat in Geto's head like he was nothing more than a puppet to be controlled, like one of Yaga's cursed corpses. 

The ancient sorcerer chuckled lowly. "You know, every hundred years or so, I come across an exceptionally brilliant young shaman like yourself. Funny how different you are from the last one though, he was a bit more like the Okkotsu boy than you, all dutiful and responsible. Well, I've since learned my lesson after facing him in battle. You don't trifle with special grades, some of you are just too strong and too persistent. I mean look at you! You're not even afraid."

"Hah." Gojo smirked. "Not in the slightest."

"Well." Geto simply shrugged and popped the top half of his head back onto his scalp, concealing the monster hiding within. "Doesn't matter now does it? Goodnight Gojo Satoru, let us meet again in the new world."

Gojo could only give a smug laugh, his last act of defiance. "Yeah, maybe it's goodnight for me, but it's about time for you to wake up." His tone suddenly changed, taking on a mocking, challenging air as he glared maniacally into Geto's face. "How are you gonna let yourself get used like that Suguru?"

"Oh- oh?" Geto's head suddenly jerked to the side, as though the strings that controlled his corpse were abruptly yanked out of his grasp. A wide smile crept onto his face, and he burst into a fit of raucous laughter. 

"The body is the soul, and the soul the body." He recited solemnly, holding Gojo's bored gaze with a look that was almost admiration. "I suppose you are more like Akinori than I suspected. I mean, he is somewhat part of your family after all."

"If the last shaman who was such a pain in your ass was a Gojo, then I'm proud." Gojo retorted. 

Geto snickered into his hand and eyed him with something that was sly and knowing. He leaned closer, kneeling down until the two of them were eye level and close enough that if Gojo so happened to jerk forward, he could bite Geto's nose off. "No no, his name wasn't Gojo. I never had trouble dealing with the Gojo clan, there was only one bloodline who truly stood in the way of my plans. Not to worry though, they've been extinct for over a hundred years."